close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anderson 2004 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Mar 27, 2004.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Please post your stories here:)

2. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

I wish I was there. ;f

3. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

Missed you at dinner and the sporting event Danny. We, the wife and I had looked forward to maybe seeing you there.

How about Statesville maybe?

Bob T

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Richmond and then Statesville! ;f

5. 21 shooter

21 shooter

The weather was great, as were the RO's. All of the stages were moving pretty well when we were there. The highlight of my day was a 2.6 run on the plates in UL. After that, it was crash and burn. To many C's and D's. Some days you can't hit a bull in the rear end with a base fiddle, and today was one of those days. ;f But Vicki, with her ususal charm and grace, returned to Anderson, so the trip was not in vain. I also saw dust at the match. That was a first!

Also, the new scoring system seems to be making great strides.

On to Virginia. :)

6. TrooperDan

TrooperDan

So, this is Nan not Dan because, in the way my mind works, I could not remember my own password but guessed Dan's. ;Q I reregistered with a new name, but have not been 'activated' yet.

In any case, I sent Dan out the door about 8 this morning, headed for Anderson. He'll be looking for a friendly face or two.

I may see you all at Waldorf, but definitely Statesville.

Hope you all had fun!

7. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Just got back from the match. The weather was beautiful and the match ran very smoothly. I arrived at 10:00 and shot three categories before 12:00. The RO's were great and kept things running along quickly. Registration was a breeze and the armorer threw a smooth trigger in my G26 and even gave me a Glock Armorers tool!

I shot my best score to date, and finally broke a 100, which was my main goal for this season. I decided to leave my G17 at home and just my G26 for all the categories. I shot a 94.46 in Am/Guardian, a 108.79 in Competition and a 124.65 in Subcompact.

This was my first match shooting three entries and it helped a lot. I shot sumcompact, competition and then Am/Guardian, and by the time I got to AM/Guardian I was doing better.

Also had a flyer go over my head from another bay. The hiss is kind of scary when you first hear it. ;P

8. JWG_34

JWG_34 TeamCarverMount

All I can say is this is the best anderson weather I have seen since Ive been shooting glock. Just to see how good it was. Look how triggerpresser was enjoying it!!!

9. jm_usmc

jm_usmc Two eagles

This was my first GSSF match. I had a great time. I didn't shoot too well, but I haven't done any competitive shooting in 4 years so I didn't really expect to. I was very impressed by how friendly and helpful everyone was. Thank you all very much. I hope to go to several more this year. I'm now hooked.

10. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

left the house about 9:30 or so,
    got to Anderson around noon,
    shot all three by 3:00 or so,
    home a little after 5 pm

got a coupl of pictures to post
    - a 12 year old girl shooting her dad's G23,
    and a pic of me and my new woman

see the pictures in the anderson picture thread

11. ltgibson2001

ltgibson2001

I shot my first GSSF match today. The saftey briefing or orientation tape that they usually show first time GSSF shooters was eaten by the vcr. Then the back tape they brought was eaten by the vcr. Then the back up to the back up tape was eaten by the vcr. Then Dave Sevigny walks over to the back off the trailer and gave me and Sniper1moore the abbreviated version. I have seen on here where people have said what a nice guy he is and he showed me that was true in the way he talked to us. It was pretty cool that he was the one to do it. How many people can say they got their first time shooter briefing from him? I'll be back next year and will probably catch Statesville and Conyers too.

12. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

We had a GREAT get together Friday night, and a GREAT first match of the year, very well ran!!!And like a few have posted, A First At Anderson.......DUST!!!!! Fast Eddie was doing a GREAT job ROing on the Glock "M"! Saturday night get together was even larger! A good time had by ALL! We went by the range on Sunday morning and spoke to the Gun Smoke Gang and TDOM! Just a REALLY enjoyable weekend!
    Dan:cool:

13. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

I had a great time. Shot poorly but hey I had fun. This quest to win a third pistol is becoming expensive. :)

I seemed to recall that last year we had a little dust in March at Anderson as well. Lets hope this becomes the new paradigm. The staff was great and the RO'ing was top notch. My only regret is I was the next shooter up when my GLOCK M broke for lunch. Thirty minute wait to finish out. Looking forward to next year.

It was great talking with the GSSF staff as well as my two Stock team members. I missed everybody else due to the long haul up and quick turnaround back. Looks like I am out of the running untill "maybe" Statesville or Conyers. This living back in Florida tends to limit my access to the matches due to driving.

See everybody sooner or later.

14. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

A really super great weekend. The most enjoyable Anderson trips I can remember, great weather, range in great condition and a surperb RO crew. Just think, "Fast Eddie" and "Slow DTOM" on the same range at the same time!!!!!

We had and enjoyable get together both Fri/Sat nights. My scores could have been much better but what the heck, it was still a great weekend. The GSSF Crew did a wonderfull job running the match and was glad to see all of them ready to start the new season out right.

Glenn needs to change his date of birth however; it tends to bring out some strange events. Maybe change it to a date that has a "Full Moon" instead of a "First Quarter". ;* ;L ;L ;L ;L ;L

Thanks everyone for a great event, we appreciate your hard work. Now I need to get working to be ready for Richmond and a long fun trip in the "Starship Enterprize" and some more space cadet training.

15. jimed

jimed

What about that weather?
    DTOM and I ordered it up special for our pals.

I was glad to see a lot of you come through the “M” I was scoring. Working a stage sure cuts down on your visiting time though.
    I ran the PDA scoring all day Saturday and most of Sunday and I have to say it worked great after I learned a few of the tricks. Ain’t technology great? Soon we will have the prelim results Sunday afternoon.

DTOM and I shot on Sunday morning along with a couple of first timers, ltgibson2001 and Sniper1moore while it was still slow. I enjoyed shooting with you guys as always. I think we shot well enough to not embarrass ourselves.

I hope that everyone had a good safe trip home.

Missed seeing you Fireglock, keep getting better.

I was glad to get off my feet Sunday evening.

"Fast Eddie"

16. glkdawg45

glkdawg45

jm_usmc, glad you could make it and have a GREAT time. After my first match, I was hooked.;f Gives me a chance to get out of the house, go shooting, and have some F U N .

Match was great, weather beautiful, and finially got the wife to go out and try it. I think she is hooked also. ;f

17. GJM89

GJM89

Thanks Don, So it was all my fault, Figures, you would blame a poor defenseless northener for Sat, night.;1 ;1 ;1 ;* ;* ;* ;V ;V ;V :cool: :cool: :cool:

18. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

We pick on you because it's fun. You know how much we all love you.;c

19. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Man what a weekend! The weather could not have been any better. Sunny and warm best of all (DRY). I want to thank all the RO's for a great job. Things ran mostly very smooth.

Thank you to the GSSF Staff for another great start of the season, Thank you one and all.;Y

I also want to thank the greatest crew I get to travel with dej/fl and Don at pc I always have a great trip.;Y

For the first match of the year I started off about as normal as one could. I shot my average with to many D's and C's. I had mag problems with the Unlimited gun again. One of these days it will all fall together and work just right. Until then I'll just keep working on the bugs and be happy. Now onto Richmond/VA and then TX.

Pharaoh;f

20. jay.shebuski

jay.shebuski

..well,..I think that was the best run GSSF match, with the best weather..that I've been to. Big thanks to the GSSF staff and the range crew that helped plan and execute the match!

..now to my shoot'n :( The times were there, but the holes in the paper were awkwardly not where they were supposed to be on the 25 yd target. Had some good plate runs, but a failure to feed (..using my own "voo-Doo" ammo)..added a little more time on one of my strings.

..had a great time talking w/Dave Sevigny and J-Go. Briefly spoke w/"fast" Eddie, while he was pumping numbers into that machine around his kneck. Spoke w/Bob (Glockrunner)and Pat @ the plates and took some good pictures, which I will send to ya. Tom (aka. photo) was prepping for the plates when we talked.
    ..Team Carver Mounts was looking good!!

..Don't think I'll be able to shoot another GSSF match for a while, as more deployments are coming up. Hope to see some of you @ the SC State IDPA match next month.

Jay