GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.wfmj.com/story/42808672/retired-grove-city-judge-sentenced-to-federal-prison

A retired judge from Grove City has been sentenced to two years in prison for making a false statement to obtain a firearm.

A federal judge imposed the sentence on retired Administrative Law Judge, 79-year-old Karl Alexander following an investigation by the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force.

According to information provided to the court during the September plea hearing, Alexander, who is also an attorney, lied to a licensed firearms dealer when he bought a Ruger AR556MPR AR-15 style rifle.

Alexander admitted that he lied on an ATF form by answering "Yes" to the question: "Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm listed on this form?" In fact, Alexander was buying the rifle for a convicted felon, Dennis Alan Riggs.

Alexander admitted that Riggs was with him for the purchase and that Riggs picked out the firearm and paid Alexander for the firearm. Alexander also admitted he agreed to purchase the weapon because of their personal relationship.

Riggs pleaded guilty in May to being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition. He is scheduled to be sentenced on Nov. 18.

Prior to imposing sentence, Judge Robert Colville told Alexander that he should have known better than to purchase the firearm for a known felon, especially considering Alexander's prior lengthy tenure as an Administrative Law Judge.

In addition to 24 months in prison, Alexander was also sentenced to one year of supervised release and a fine of $10,000.00.

·
Mr. Awesome
10,268 Posts
Yes. This is how most criminals get guns. But most on this forum will object.
What do you base that on? The vast majority of guns I took off of bad guys were stolen (though, often not reported).

·
Friends Call Me "Flash"
4,163 Posts
In Chicago, buyers of "used" guns could select them from a five gallon bucket. That was the problem. The guns would be used in a murder or robbery, then traded so they'd be resold. You might buy a gun with a "past."

Flash

·
The wind serenades a purified man.
4,030 Posts
The first two members to post on this thread joined GT in 2020 and have 28 posts between them. I'd call them trolls. Don't feed them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What do you base that on? The vast majority of guns I took off of bad guys were stolen (though, often not reported).
One reason why I don't open carry is I get too many offers for my guns well beyond what I paid for it, and its usually from teens. Very tempting though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The first two members to post on this thread joined GT in 2020 and have 28 posts between them. I'd call them trolls. Don't feed them.
Not trolling. Just showing that the very people that should be upholding the law can also break the law. Just like how CA State Senator Leland Yee, a staunch anti-gun politician, was arrested for gun trafficking.

·
Registered
27,147 Posts
It's never been that much of a mystery to LE how felons obtain firearms.

Mostly ...
*They steal them.
*They obtain them from other criminals.
*They obtain them from family.
*They buy them from people who aren't careful about to whom they sell guns.
*Through strawman purchases (made by family members, friends or other gullible people who aren't prohibited persons).

Reactions: Caver 60

·
Caffeinator
5,269 Posts
What is your point? Are you proposing more gun control laws?

·
NRA Life Member
63,378 Posts
What a dumbass. My father's girlfriend's son just got out of federal prison for doing the same, back in April.

What is your point? Are you proposing more gun control laws?
How would that be a proposal for more gun control laws, when we are talking about something that s already illegal?

·
NRA Life Member
63,378 Posts
If you were actually part of the gun world, you'd know that we commonly support enforcement of the existing gun laws. That is also NRA's stance.

Reactions: fastbolt

·
Caffeinator
5,269 Posts
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
What a dumbass. My father's girlfriend's son just got out of federal prison for doing the same, back in April.

How would that be a proposal for more gun control laws, when we are talking about something that s already illegal?
Because he strikes me as an antigun troll who is starting off quasi-reasonable but will show true colors soon.

·
Quick! Duck!
2,755 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts