GlockTalk Forum banner

Would you approve of Ted Cruz, as a SCOTUS justice?

• Yes

Votes: 39 34.8%
  • Enthusiastic Yes

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 17.0%
  • Enthusiastic No

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Yes, but I think we can do better.

Votes: 22 19.6%
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Making America great again!
16,231 Posts
I voted no, for one simple reason: We can't afford to lose any more Republicans in the Senate!

·
Stop the steal!
17,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Not necessarily. But any supreme court nominee's past you can be sure will go under the democrats electron microscope for any trace of a story they can magnify into something unseemly and they will pay for "witnesses" to come forth from 39 years ago etc. Thing's that may or may not be true but which could hurt someones re-election should the appointment not succeed. And if the Democrats can tie some foul deed of the appointee to a collusion in said deed with Trump and before the 2020 election, all the more better.

Or......no matter who is nominated, the D's will just find someone willing to make up a few total lies.....ala: Christine Blasey Ford!

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
This would indicate she is certainly in the running.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Coney_Barrett
I think she is front runner. However, she has two strikes against her. 1. not ivy JD and 2. professed strong Catholic. Also, has a BIG plus. She clerked for Scalia. BTW, I love her because the Left hates her, perhaps more than Cruz and that is saying something. :cheers:

·
Rational
14,230 Posts
Trump will nominate Amy Barrett Browning.
I hope not. She went to a women's only Liberal Arts College, and has no history on judgements on 2nd Amendment Issues. I have a feeling she'd be one of those obnoxious Catholics who think that babies shouldn't be murdered, and that guns kill people by themselves.

I want Colion Noir. Completely unrealistic, but a man can hope.

·
Stop the steal!
17,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
has no history on judgements on 2nd Amendment Issues.
Well, the 2nd amendment is under attack, so we do need someone with history, as well as knowledge of just why our founders included the 2A.......and exactly what they meant. We have too many people who want to twist the words to mean something the founders never intended.

Trump knows this all too well, so I'm sure whomever he nominates, will be in the mold of Antonin Scalia.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Ted Cruz :flag:

Many here are very interested in 2nd Amendment issues, and Ted Cruz is one of the best in support of the original intent of our founders.

He supports the original intent of the COTUS/BOR, as Scalia did......

This is the place to discuss who you'd like to see nominated and/or discuss other's picks.
I think lying Ted would be a great judge. But I don't think he said he was interested.

·
Stop the steal!
17,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have a distinct suspicion that a few people are willing to give a woman an edge in this process. I hadn't considered it before this moment, but that may be an advantage because we currently don't have any women who are willing to take a stand for the original intent of the COTUS.........

We might be better served if there are a few "cat fights" among the woman justices.......rather than to be seen as women vs men in the SCOTUS.

·
Stop the steal!
17,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Condoleezza Rice? There is nothing that says you have to be a lawyer. She does have a PHD and working knowledge of federal procedures.
If I'm remembering right, CR is very pro 2nd amendment.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
If there were skeletons.......you don't think the D's haven't already looked in every possible nook and cranny to find them?
Or Trump during the primaries, he certainly wasn't pulling any punches on Lyin' Ted.

Yes I think Cruz would be great on the SCOTUS, but I don't think he wants to go there ... yet.

·
Moved on...
9,706 Posts
IMPO, If Trump has ANY CHANCE of getting his nomination on the bench, it's GOT to be a woman.

A WHITE GUY will never make the cut.

Reactions: HarlDane

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
IMPO, If Trump had ANY CHANCE of getting his nomination on the bench, it's GOT to be a woman.

A WHITE GUY will never make the cut.
Likely true. Sad that we have to play race/gender identity politics as well, in stead of picking the best option.

Any black females on the short list?

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
I voted yes, but he wouldn't be able to vote for his own confirmation and we need every vote we can get.

It needs to be a woman, a minority would be a plus. We have to keep Romney and the other moderates in line and not give them any excuse to vote no.

·
Registered
10,147 Posts
Any black females on the short list?
I'm not up on Federal Appellate Judges and I do hate that this game has to be played. But putting up a qualified, black, conservative woman for Dems to slander and refuse to confirm days before an election is too good an opportunity to pass on. I just don't know if one exists.

Reactions: jr24
21 - 40 of 63 Posts