And the Feds wonder why we question their intelligence.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by M2 Carbine, Dec 6, 2019.

1. manfred the wonder d

manfred the wonder d

I drove the 65 miles to my ss office. It was Wednesday.
    Sign on the door said closed Wednesdays for paperwork.

2. M2 Carbine

M2 Carbine

Now THAT would irritate me a LOT.

3. Detectorist

Detectorist

CF, is that you?

4. faceplant

faceplant

I applied for benefits this year. I had the online account already. Got a letter saying I had to apply at office. It turns out some of my info was changed back in 2000 without my knowledge. They said it didn't appear my account had been hacked but the could not explain how it could happen.:dunno:

5. shadowgunner9

shadowgunner9 Free Actor

.......So,... if this is a FEDERAL office, then why do some states NOT allow that process...?
    I thought a .gov was, you know, an entire NATION....?

6. kiole

kiole

weird I ordered one online and got it in a few days and I’m from one of those states.

7. unit1069

unit1069

I sympathize. Recently I visited a state license office to obtain a Real ID drivers license that will allow me to travel throughout America after 10/1/2020 without having to provide a passport. I had in hand my state's printed list of acceptable documents I should bring and when the clerk stated that I was missing a needed document I asked her to point out on my printout list where that document was a requirement. When she couldn't she excused herself and said she'd be right back.

After 20 minutes waiting for her to return I decided to just go home and get the needed document. When I returned a young black woman who'd overheard my previous conversation with the bitc*y white clerk accepted all my documentation without hesitation and quickly approved my application, a big beautiful smile on her lovely face the entire time we interacted.

Caver 60 likes this.
  8. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    @kiole said
    weird I ordered one online and got it in a few days and I’m from one of those states.
    (I forgot to quote)

wonder if it varies by where it was issued versus where you live now. Is that the same state for you?

9. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    Maybe a regional rollout. After working for a national company, that does not surprise me. We rarely made changes everywhere all at once.

10. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

I just got a new card about 1 1/2 months ago. Applied online and received card in the mail. Pretty easy actually. Needed it for a new job. First time in my life I’ve needed to show an actual card.

Caver 60 likes this.
  11. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Just like I always say, you learn something new, every day.

12. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

There is a fireproof safe in my bedroom and it contains my SS card, birth certificate and a few other critical forms of identification. They stay locked up..... always! The executor of my will has the combination to that safe. You need to protect those documents. They are more valuable than cash!

Flash

Caver 60 likes this.
  13. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

When I applied at TDCJ to work in the prison system, they refused to accept my SS card. Something had laid across the card during the decades that I had it and it had one corner discolored a bit. I went to the SS office, waited in line for over 3 hours in blazing heat, got to the correct person and applied for a new card in about 10 minutes. The new card arrived by mail.

In contrast, I applied for SS retirement online. It took me about one hour and was fairly frustration free. At noon the next day (no kidding!), I got a phone call from a representative who gave me the figures of my retirement benefit and that was it. I was retired!

Flash

Caver 60 likes this.