An uninsured hit me: part 2

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by HonkeyFries, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

I don't think he's coming back to explain how he was told to "go **** himself." I'm guessing they told him to either wait for parts so they can repair it or he can pay to have it towed to another shop of his choice. Some people think they're the most important people in the world while they completely absolve themselves of responsibility.

2. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

That sucks OP. I had the misfortune of being rear-ended twice in the last couple weeks, once in my wife's car and once in my car. I filed claims against the other drivers' insurance in both cases, and I've already had both cars assessed and checks cut. If the body shop finds something in addition, they contact the insurance. One company was Erie, the other was Geico. I'm driving a rental right now because one vehicle had the trunk lid pushed up to where it wasn't sealed anymore. I am using the body shop of my choice for both jobs, which has a 2 week-ish backlog because they're good, so I'm in waiting mode. I would obviously rather that neither incident ever happened, but I have no complaints about the insurance companies (which aren't even mine).

3. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

Screen name checks out.

4. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

No its about DIY reloading supplies. Really.

OGW, jimcorbin, Flags and 2 others like this.
  5. sixgun2

sixgun2 packin heat

We carry a million$ here. I believe the minimum is 750,000 however no underwriter will write it.

6. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Yeah but that's Canadian so what, fifty, sixty bucks or so??

:couch:

FullClip, cbetts1, jimcorbin and 4 others like this.
  7. QNman

QNman Old timer

Missouri requires 50/100K, and yet it seems like every time I get hit by some *******, they don't have insurance.

1. unless the policy so states, there is no obligation to use oem parts.
    2. not required for a carrier in some states to offer car rental coverage, so we don't know if he had that option.[/QUOTE]
    1. Depends on the state, I'd guess. In Missouri, it has to be OEM, but it can be USED OEM.
    2. As mentioned in this thread, rental isn't included, but it is super cheap.

Here's one to add for the uninitiated as well - carry not only "uninsured motorist", but "under-insured motorist". It's also cheap, and unless you ask for it, you'll never know it's offered. Ask me how I know.

8. QNman

QNman Old timer

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

FullClip, sixgun2 and pgg00 like this.
  9. ray9898

ray9898

Totally unrealistic expectations.

10. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Its a new car and you have full coverage. Ive never heard of rental NOT being on a full coverage policy. Also don't rage at the Op cause some clown hit him without insurance. Thats a gift from the Democrat party.

No insurance or DL? Can't speeka da Eeenglieesh? No problem heres your I-bond. Seeya next time you hit a law abiding citizen.

pag23, Johnix, cbetts1 and 1 other person like this.
  11. pittpa

pittpa What did I come in here for?

Fortress of Solitude on 11th floor - SW PA 'burbs
    This is what I consider to be full coverage in PA, except I dropped rental as I have 2 cars and one driver. Towing is included from the car makers. The combination benefits include medical and wage loss. Some states have additional coverages like PIP, glass, and Uninsured Collision coverage.
    A lot of Medical coverage, but I consider it cheap, and I don't have to mess with anybody's Medicare limitations.
    Someone's son here just got a $100k hospital bill.
    I've seen many in the multiple hundreds of thousands over the years.
    ------------------------------------------------------Deductible------------------
    upload_2020-1-15_15-51-52.png

12. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

Yup i would consider full coverage max limits of everything with comp/coll at lowest deductible, rental, roadside, all the bells and whistles.

Probably 90% of people have no idea what coverage they're getting when they ask for "full coverage."

13. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

You clearly don't know anything about insurance. What's your definition of full coverage? Then tell me how everyone else defines it. Full coverage is not a coverage. It's a combination of coverages you choose to buy.

OGW and cbetts1 like this.
  14. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 Unapologetic Deplorable.

Well my definition of "full coverage" means anything that happens I'm covered for. That sounds like a pretty good definition for my uses. I have State Farm collision and Liability and towing/rental IS included. Thats my definition of full coverage.

15. jimcorbin

jimcorbin

See crap like this is why I don’t even have car insurance. Hell I don’t even have a drivers license. I can take out M&P15’s mustang and that mint Caravan that Pinocchio owns and not be on the hook for one cent.

OGW, SRS and Kevinr20 like this.
  16. Kevinr20

Kevinr20

Insurance is for suckers.

jimcorbin likes this.
  17. cbetts1

cbetts1

Yep, liability, comp, collision, uninsured/under insured, towing and rental.

18. cbetts1

cbetts1

10K/30K minimum liability: That's 10K per person per accident up to 30K and it doesn't include the policy holder under a liability policy. 10K does not go far in a USA ER room.

OGW and FullClip like this.
  19. cbetts1

cbetts1

The person may have had some liability coverage under a homeowners/rental policy you could have gone after for rental , deductible, loss of value of car after accident etc.

20. kiole

kiole

Wait till he tries to sell the car. Can’t wait for that thread when they pull the carfax.

rental coverage for me through progressive is $25 a year.

Kevinr20 and FullClip like this.