Glock Talk banner

An SRO engaged the school shooter in TX

12926 475
There was an SRO in the elementary school in the school shooting in TX. He was shot by the gunman defending the school.
Imagine how many more would be dead if a good guy with a gun wasn’t there.

161 - 180 of 476 Posts

·
Florist
22,881 Posts
Citation is from todays presser McCraw.

Sorry can’t quote/cut/paste from phone

eta repeated on NBC Special Report at 1550CT. by Pete Williams
Pls send a link. Couldn't find his report where that was stated. Thanks.

CNN is still coming up empty.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
wfaa.com is where I saw it live on TV, then on NBC Special Report on live TV, not on the internet so you will have to search those sites.

Probably gonna be replayed on World News tonight also.

·
Registered
14,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
They were in fact, the lead on the scene. It was their Chief Pete Arredondo who was the on-site incident commander McCraw referenced as having made the bad decisions.
Thank you for the correct info. Too much chatter/false info
But what I meant was the patrol guys who first engaged with the school cop(s). They should have pressed the attack if possible. If the shots stopped when that chief took command then the chief was right. If the shots with the students happened with initial engagement, those officers made the decision

·
Florist
22,881 Posts
wfaa.com is where I saw it live on TV, then on NBC Special Report on live TV, not on the internet so you will have to search those sites.

Probably gonna be replayed on World News tonight also.
👍. Will look for it on live TV today and tomorrow.

·
Registered
14,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·

·
Pretty Ladies!
5,003 Posts
Looks like the BP guys decided to ignore Chief Arredondo and went in on their own.

Good for them, but what an absolute clusterfark.

·
Registered
14,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Looks like the BP guys decided to ignore Chief Arredondo and went in on their own.

Good for them, but what an absolute clusterfark.
He was a “ police chief” that only had to supervise 4 officers and one detective. That’s a chief. Sorry but I was never a chief and I supervised a lot more people than that. A lot more people.
Having said that, let’s see what all the evidence is before passing judgment. Too much misinformation has been pushed out there and they might be scapegoating him

·
Registered
18,082 Posts
While I want to agree with the 'give the facts time to come out' I cannot think of a reason to not go in ASAP. This was never a hostage barricade, this was a barricaded active shooter. As long as he has access to additional victims and he is preventing you from obtaining medical treatment for those he shot then you still have active killing going on.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Thank you for the correct info. Too much chatter/false info
But what I meant was the patrol guys who first engaged with the school cop(s). They should have pressed the attack if possible. If the shots stopped when that chief took command then the chief was right. If the shots with the students happened with initial engagement, those officers made the decision
The latest info I saw, is that 2 Uvalde officers were shot at through the classroom door, resulting in graze type injuries, after the shooter got into the classroom.

Pushing through a fatal funnel that the shooter is already shooting at seems like a losing proposition.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
"Pushing through a fatal funnel that the shooter is already shooting at seems like a losing proposition."

The room layout I posted earlier shows the 2 rooms each with a door and connected. Shooter might not have been able to cover both classroom doors at same time. A distraction may have worked. This is where the ISD/PD should have had expertise and trained for this type of entry.

Either way it is reported he was hiding in a closet when BORTAC entered.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
The room layout I posted earlier shows the 2 rooms each with a door and connected. Shooter might not have been able to cover both classroom doors at same time. A distraction may have worked. This is where the ISD/PD should have had expertise and trained for this type of entry.
I think you could cover both doors to the hallway from the door between the 2 classrooms.

The ISD is a 4 officer department.

I think hitting 2 doors, at the same time, is a much higher level of skill than can be expected.

Most school doors that I have seen, are solid core wood door in a metal door frame. I think most generally open out. So breaching those won't be an easy task.

I want to know if there were exterior windows. Those can great for surveillance and other things.

I want to know which teacher propped open an exterior door. I would also like to know when the school went on lock down.

·
Registered
11,757 Posts
The latest info I saw, is that 2 Uvalde officers were shot at through the classroom door, resulting in graze type injuries, after the shooter got into the classroom.

Pushing through a fatal funnel that the shooter is already shooting at seems like a losing proposition.
Sometimes it is time to embrace the suck and just take the action knowing there's no up side to the situation. I've stared that situation in the face and did what was needed. I will do so again if needed. I would trade my life for a child's.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
I think you could cover both doors to the hallway from the door between the 2 classrooms.

The ISD is a 4 officer department.

I think hitting 2 doors, at the same time, is a much higher level of skill than can be expected.

Most school doors that I have seen, are solid core wood door in a metal door frame. I think most generally open out. So breaching those won't be an easy task.

I want to know if there were exterior windows. Those can great for surveillance and other things.

I want to know which teacher propped open an exterior door. I would also like to know when the school went on lock down.
It was the teacher in room 132 per the briefing.

I havent heard anything about if/when the school went on lockdown.

·
Registered
18,082 Posts
It was the teacher in room 132 per the briefing.

I havent heard anything about if/when the school went on lockdown.
Read this earlier....

Twisted killer Salvador Ramos played sad music during his slaughter in Texas — which began when he told a teacher “goodnight” before gunning her down, a student survivor recalled in a harrowing new interview.

Miah Cerrillo, the quick-thinking 11-year-old who smeared herself with her slain friend’s blood to play dead, divulged chilling details from Tuesday’s carnage at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde.

She told CNN that her fourth-grade class had just finished watching Disney movie “Lilo & Stitch” Tuesday morning when their two teachers got an alert about an active shooter.

One of the educators raced to lock the door to their classroom — but Ramos, 18, was already there, and blasted his way in by shooting out a window in the door, the traumatized girl revealed in an off-camera interview.

·
Most mackinest
12,580 Posts
I know locally, no "prohibited persons" that try to buy a gun from an FFL, and get rejected during the background check get prosecuted. No one goes to jail for illegally carrying/possessing a firearm. Violent criminals that get charged with "felon in possession of a firearm" get sent to federal court, because the state courts don't treat that crime seriously.
Here in CO, we do. There can be a lack of prosecutorial appetite at times, but I have an active case on an attempt POWPO. There are a variety of applicable felony state charges we can stack. My experience (including time as a federal TFO) is that the USAO is a waste of time and shoe leather, even with a SAUSA assigned to us.

161 - 180 of 476 Posts