Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Massive Member
26,935 Posts
SRO was at Parkland too, it may have hurt rather than helped. If Coral Springs hadn’t arrived and handled their business…

SRO will not be where the shooter starts most of the time.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Massive Member
26,935 Posts
I do hope this is one of those premature reports which gets later debunked. One source is claiming that it took 40 minutes to an hour after the murder engaged the SRO before he, himself was engaged and killed......
Onlookers urged police to charge into Texas school
Believe that’s true, but he had barricaded himself in the classroom and I assume not actively shooting anyone. At that point it’s a hostage situation, he may resume shooting if you try to break in, so probably trying to talk him out as long as he wasn’t shooting.

If you’re not sure how secure the door is, how long it’ll take to get in, and he’s stopped shooting, makes sense to hold.

Randy

·
Massive Member
26,935 Posts
Well, when the highway patrol is the investigating agency and they’re clearly out to get the PD - being that their chief already declared that the PD did wrong - they legitimately need to consider that they’re being considered as suspects.
But wrong in a potentially criminal sense though, right? Or am I missing something…. I suppose they can charge whatever they want, going to be hard to say no, prosecutors looking to make a name for themselves…

Randy

·
Massive Member
26,935 Posts
One of the downsides of being so "transparent" is putting out bad information trying to get info out fast.

The shifting stories add fuel to the fire of people pushing negative narratives about police. Not sure how you're supposed to know where that line is though, none of the info coming in is going to be vetted until investigations are well underway. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Randy

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Massive Member
26,935 Posts
Yes.

They are now saying they had officers with rifles and shields on scene at the classroom within a few minutes and the door wasnt locked.
My motto is "Trust in Jesus, but try the brakes anyway".

Sounds completely messed up, but in a chaotic situation like that I can see it's easy to assume at least one of the other guys must have tried the door to make sure it was locked if I arrive and see a bunch of guys standing outside.

It's so obvious someone must have checked, right? No need to ask, it would be assumed.

Wonder what happened with the story of the janitor unlocking the door, did he discover it was unlocked when he tried his key?

If anyone in the group knew that, I can see them being hesitant to point that out, but most on scene probably assumed the janitor really did unlock the door.

I would have a hard time living with that if I found out later nothing was stopping me from going in except a faulty assumption on my part.

Randy

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts