An officer involved shooting in NYC.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by walkinguf61, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Ajon412

Ajon412

Don't forget about the Ruger P85. One of the guys in my former command was part of the pilot project in the late 80's early 90's and had one of those (my command had one of each,Glock/S&W/Ruger/Sig). The thing was a boat anchor, had a long trigger pull (like the Sig), shot well, could be used a club and was eventually removed from the list... The S&W 5946 is a sweet shooter along with the 3953TSW which I understand was taken off the approved off duty list possibly after 2002....

2. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

My old partner had one of those Rugers. I offered to put wheels on it so it could be properly classified as a piece of field artillery. He was not amused.

fla2760, LilCop2002 and Ajon412 like this.

3. Ajon412

Ajon412

:animlol::animlol::animlol:..... Spot on Bro !!!!!

seanmac45 likes this.
  4. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

My BP just ramped up, when I read the statement posted by the head of the defense league about NYPD having to learn better deescalation skills...how about the skells they encounter learning better social skills and not pulling stolen pistols on the cops...the nerve of these guys...I could just slap them silly !! OK I feel better

5. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

The Ruger was only in the pliot program and was never a choice for general use.

5946 was heavy but a great gun unless you got one made at the handcuff factory. The factory stamps are different and the quality control was so bad at that factory that barrels were not made with even walls. I am not kidding.

I believe the S&W 3953TSW ( I take your word on the model number) was never taken off the list. I believe it is like the Beretta cougar. It just wasn’t available on the market rather than not authorized.

The Kahr is the only one I know that wasn’t grandfathered in other than when they deauthorized revolvers for the Service gun carry about two years ago. But that was a ammo cost and training issue.

6. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

The forgotten borough. almost ashamed to admit that is where my family all hails from.
    Staten Island, talk about a ZOO.

7. walkinguf61

walkinguf61

The 120 PCT is the only busy place on Staten Island. It’s only part of the 120PCT that is a problem.

They built a bunch of projects there and was one of the reasons Staten Island attempted to succeed from NYC and become its own city in the 1990s. The rest of Staten Island are the suburbs. Working class of NYC and only republican area of NYC. Most private gun ownership in NYC.

And If you think Staten Island is a zoo come to Brooklyn or the Bronx.

8. fla2760

fla2760

Yup, the 120 , Jersey st, Stapleton, particularly the Stapleton houses and Park Hill,. Most of Staten Island is suburban like Walking uf 61 said. The guidos, that's another thing. :D

9. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977

You know I never once remember anyone trying to resuscitate a BG after a shoot out with a cop. I never even remember one of us ever trying to bring back a gangster after a shoot out with another gangster, who wants their blood and ga-ga on your uniform anyway?

The bambulance might but if they gone when they get there then they just gone. Its just for show.

Man just listening to girlfriend with the cell cam gets my BP up. I had a friend who would tell them stuff like "the chopper is inbound" and "were getting a replacement heart sent" and they'd believe him.

1:30 until they finally found out the address. Always way to many guys cutting in on the zone.