Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I bounce back and forth between my 1911's and Glocks. Each has its positives and negatives. The key is to practice a lot with what you own. And with the ammo shortages, I have been shooting my G44 and a 1911 with 22 conversion slide a lot more in the last 12-18 months.

·
Registered
241 Posts
That's a load. I tired that when I wasn't off the 1911 tit, yet. I had to train into the the Glock to get it to point right and wrist at the right angle and all. I had to train into it as it did NOT come naturally, especially after shooting flat main spring housing 1911's since '05. Two Austrian army colonels my wazoo.
The key is that it was supposed to point naturally for people who hadn't learned another handgun already, which is the case with nearly all the people being trained in most European militaries. The story about the pointing angle is well-documented. It was important enough that the grip frame angle (good for pointing) is different from the angle of the magazine well (good for feeding).

·
Registered
I buy and use guns for self protection only.
1,730 Posts
NOTHING feels as good in my hand or shoots any better for me than a 1911. It's like an extension of my arm.

Glocks are 2X4's made of polymer. They function well and make a good service sidearm, but they are clunky and unnatural to grip.
I have to agree with you 100% when it comes down to feeling great in your hand. In the beginning of my shooting life, my first guns were Colt 1911's and I just loved the way they shot and felt in my small hands. Having said this, as time went bye, I switched to the Glock Platform for many reasons, which I will not go into here but I became use to shooting those so called 2X4's and I carried a G19 as my Duty Weapon for several years up to my retirement. I now own only 2 Glocks which are my Every Day Carry Guns which are the Slim Line G43 & G48 and these Glocks feel great in my hand! (y)

·
Kydex Crafter
7,009 Posts
Almost exclusively Glocks here for almost 30 years....it is my go to pistol.....

61 - 64 of 64 Posts