an impossible decision...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by hvnit2gd, Feb 4, 2010.

1. hvnit2gd

hvnit2gd

what if you were presented with this decision...

You have twin daughters about 8 years old... they have a disease that will kill them within a year or less, and the only way to save them is to have another child, which did happen... the child was supposed to have a cure... but the rub is that the baby is not producing enough of the cure for both of the twin girls to live...

which of the twin girls do you choose to live or die?

For those of you with kids... how would you decide that? Talk about an impossible situation..

This scenario came from the show Private Practice...

2. Gallium

Gallium CLM

If you cast eyes in Haiti, there are literally 100,000 people who made decisions along these lines within the 1st few days of the earthquake.

Why is it so impossible?

'Drew

3. jp3975

jp3975

Flip a coin?

Youve given us no reason to favor one over the other.

4. hvnit2gd

hvnit2gd

So which child would you choose? As it stands before you make the decision, they both have an EQUAL chance of living... so how do you choose one over the other? You didnt answer my question.... DREW

5. CLena88

CLena88

The one who likes to shoot

6. hvnit2gd

hvnit2gd

Right... you have twin daughters whom I presume you would love them equally... so how do you choose one over the other?

7. SheepleNoMore

SheepleNoMore

Watching Private Practice again, Huh. Answer will be revealed in 10 minutes. Right now father is explaining that only one gets the blood. I predict they will come up with a better solution.

8. hvnit2gd

hvnit2gd

Ok... but if you were the parents, what would you do. Assuming there are no other options.

I have kids, and I honestly dont know how I would come to the decision to save one over the other, given the fact that they both will have the same chance of living based on my decision...

I think you would almost have to literally, flip a coin... that is kinda sad, but maybe would take the guilt away from the parents.

9. SheepleNoMore

SheepleNoMore

Bummer, one of the girls was weaker and they decided to help the healthier girl. Hard choice to make.

Hard to believe the skank wouldn't hook up with the stud. Guess they wanted to give a little character.

10. hvnit2gd

hvnit2gd

This was my first time watching... looks like a promising show.

I dont know, if both were equally healthy, that I could decide!!!

11. bocephus549

bocephus549 Bo Knows.......

The skank wouldn't hook up with the dude cause she had a sudden onset of morals! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

I don't know if you have kids or not, but I'm betting you don't because parents don't care to think of these things, particularly in a trivial manner.

ETA: I see from another post that you do have a child.

13. Hines57

Hines57 Simple Member

the one on the left

14. hvnit2gd

hvnit2gd

I do have children, and until I watched the show tonight, I did not think about it... now that I have watched it, it kinda go tme thinking about what I would or wouldnt do if in that same position...

Either way, I think its a tough (impossible) decision...

15. Glock&KimberLady

Glock&KimberLady Morior Invictus

I gave myself a nightmare week of bad dreams because of a thought I had on the way home from a friend's once...

It was late, icy roads, and I was on a road that highsided over the Pend Oreille River (big and fast). I started thinking what order I would be getting kids out of car seats (at the time, three of them, one was 9, one was 4, one was 2) and how I would manage to get all of them out and myself without drowning.

I'm a hell of a swimmer, but in March in swift waters with three children, two very small...it was a very bad week after that.

These are things that parents do not like to entertain, ever, and hopefully NONE of us ever will.

16. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

Well, sounds like you should have had twins the second time too. That'll learn you.

Ok ok, my serious answer. I'd send them to compete on American Gladiators. Winner takes all.

17. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Wouldn't have had the third child in the first place. Telling her later on that she was only born to be used would be worst than losing the other two. HH

18. Fed Five Oh

Fed Five Oh NRA Member

Texas Cage Match. Two go in, one comes out. Just like nature, the strong will survive.

19. silentpoet

silentpoet

I would hire better writers and they would come up with a solution.

20. hvnit2gd

hvnit2gd

HAHA, I am not sure they would raise the baby with only that thought about her... if you have kids, or had any by mistake, you dont grow up thinking they were a mistake for their entire life...

Also, I am not sure what you mean by saying you would rather lose both kids if you cant save them both... you make no sense.

That is like saying you would not jump in a lake/river, etc.. to save one of your kids because you cant save both of them... in other words, you would let both die? You make zero sense in my opinion!