Glock Talk banner

An Image for volsbear

272 Views 10 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Kahr_Glockman
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· IWannaBeSedated
11,448 Posts
Thanks a lot, Russ. I'm e-mailing it to his family instanter.

· Super Moderator
62,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I started making the EOW images, I asked on CT if anyone objected. Why did I ask? Didn't know how a non-LEO making the images would set with everyone. I explained that I wanted my avatars to be on the different forums showing the risk every LEO faces and the toll the job takes on the ranks.

After a while, I started getting requests for images memorializing LEOs from prior years. Those are personalized, like Officer Jordan's with the Front Range resting on the Thin Blue Line. That is appropriate: The Line strong enough to support a mountain range.

I can't ride-along with all y'all and talk you up or talk you down, but in doing this little bit I hope some feel the respect and support I have for and give to you who leave the comfort of home to do a job few others want to do, even fewer qualify to do, and still fewer do well...

Damn, enough of this mushy stuff..................

· IWannaBeSedated
11,448 Posts
I thought the mountain range was particularly fitting, Russ, given the area where he served.

Thanks again.

· Super Moderator
62,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
volsbear;11834809 said:
I thought the mountain range was particularly fitting, Russ, given the area where he served.

Thanks again.
I spent a lot of time in Denver and Colorado Springs. I worked with law enforcement to combat illegal activity at apartment complexes my company held first mortgages on, including CSPD. I was in Den and CS the week Officer Jordan was murdered.

The hotel where I stayed always gave a room looking west towards the Front Range. I would wake up in the morning, open the drapes to see that same sight as I put in the EOW image.

Oh, and I was there when Columbine happened. Somehow, the snow then wasn't as bright, clean.

rp

· Super Moderator
62,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
4949shooter;11834813 said:
Russ, I didn't realize you put so much thought into these memorials.
Oh, yes. Some are more personal than others because I've been to their city/town/county and possibly worked with their departments curbing crime at our apartment complexes/hotels/commercial buildings.

· Registered
3,119 Posts
RussP your good peeps. If you ever find yourself in Austin let me know. Id be more that happy to arrange a ride along.(although you would find it boring in the city where I work)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts