An angry mob approaches your house?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Mr Meeseeks, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Start shouting those who look most intent on harm, work your way down.

60 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Fire warning shots into the air or ground.

23 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. Light them up with less lethal rounds.

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. You’re probably dead anyway, go full Tiananmen.

24 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Try to stealthily escape, sacrificing all possessions and pet dogs.

11 vote(s)
    9.2%
  1. slym2none

slym2none

*redacted*

Not worth it.

2. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Rational

I'm going down with the ship and taking as many of them with me as I can. I'll load up everything I have: WASR 10/63, 3rd-gen Glock 22, Ruger GP100 .357, and Marlin .22 M60W. Got no ammo for the 28" shotgun or .454 Casull carbine.

If they make it past all of that, then I'll go to the 8" Ka-Bar 1245 Tanto and aluminum soft-ball bat until I'm no longer breathing.

ironhead7544 likes this.

3. rlewpolar

rlewpolar

I honestly believe we are in a new era. I’ve been following the science and epidemiology of this pandemic and take seriously the threat of new and emerging pandemics. The economic dislocation is going to be fierce. We are just getting rolling here. Expect much more social instability. Now, if you live away from cities, the chance of a mob coming for you in your rural or suburban house is slim....at this point. If things are much worse in a year or two, start strategizing about fighting off mobs. If you live in a city, I’d be thinking about it daily.

For those that think normalcy is right around the corner and that this pandemic is a one off aberration, think again. The social instability we saw last month was not an accident and tracks with public health and environmental disasters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Gucci Glock

Gucci Glock

This sounds really hardcore and painful for you. I definitely would leave your house alone

Glock17193643 likes this.
  5. IllinoisGun

IllinoisGun

6. IllinoisGun

IllinoisGun

As us Yankee transplants here in the Southeast say, cousin, "A GLOCK in your hands is worth more than a thousand hands clasped in prayer." Religion spoils everything.

7. ironhead7544

ironhead7544

If a mob of 100 shows up armed with guns and firebombs, I figure they are not out collecting for the Red Cross.

8. furetto7

furetto7 Galloglaich

I have a two year old triple wide on a couple of acres on a slight rise that sits 3/4 mile off of the dirt county road that I live on, assuming that a mob could even find my house they would have to cover several miles of scrub land to get to my house.

With a unobstructed view that extends for miles, a good storm cellar and a decent selection of guns I doubt that I am in much risk of seeing mobs, rioters or pretty much anyone who doesn't already know where I live.

It should be added that I am part of 911 here, all I need to do is grab my portable and let dispatch know. Where I live if you don't know the area a rioter has a better chance of stepping in a prairie dog burrow and breaking their leg or getting covered with cow poopoo than having to face me and mine.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    mikey357 likes this.
  9. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

Following the theory that confusion and demoralization are your friends, if they are going to start throwing things I could always don a set of scrubs, mask & gloves and start lobbing fluid filled flasks, specimen cups and test tubes with biohazard stickers and labels indecipherable to the uninitiated.

I've also always got a few dead rats on hand which could contribute to the mayhem when lobbed into a crowd.

"Fetchez le rat!"

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Gauss Rifle and glock1097 like this.
  10. fg17

fg17

Realistically I’d get out of the house, I have insurance for my material possessions. The loss of certain keepsakes, family photos ect ...would be sad. But I’m not all that attached to my house and have always considered home ownership kind of a PITA but the fiscally prudent thing to do. I would do whatever I had to do to protect my family.

“Standard homeowners policies will cover damage to the property caused by fire, an explosion, a riot or civil commotion, vandalism or malicious mischief. This would include coverage to the structure of the home, as well as any personal possessions.”

https://www.iii.org/article/civil-disorders-and-insurance#Homeowners insurance

11. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Handfulls of roman candles going off at once, and a 55 gallon can of them in reserve

BigBluefish and Intolerant like this.
  12. flyover

flyover

Why should I leave everything that I hold near and dear to me, that I have worked a lifetime to acquire to a bunch of thieves and criminals?

Kansas has Castle Doctrine. To hell with the arsonists and rioters.

13. mic214

mic214

I live way up in the mountains in a very conservative part of New Mexico, so the odds of this happening here are pretty remote. I have at least a 100+ yards of open fields between me and the borders of my property. It this were to occur, I think the guy with the Molotov would be the first on the list. I am not sure the rest would stick around after that.....

14. fg17

fg17

Do as you see fit, I don’t fault anyone. Not sure the legal ramifications for shooting into a crowd of retards on your front lawn.

Me personally? Most of my life I’ve paid for stuff I don’t really care that much about. I’ve put my life on the line for strangers but I have very, very few material possessions that I care that much about.

flyover likes this.
  15. Ranger357

Ranger357 Just pixels

1. Immediately call media to report crowd chanting “We Love Trump!-4 more years!!” is approaching me and my Life Partners home in a threatening Non-inclusive manner.

2. whatever I want without consequence.

16. flyover

flyover

I wouldn't be worried about a bunch of retards. I would be worried about a mob hell bent on destroying my home.

syntaxerrorsix likes this.
  17. fg17

fg17

Those were the retards I was talking about, no insult to actual retarded folks:D

flyover likes this.