An American Truckers Letter

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Tommy Gunz, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Tommy Gunz

Tommy Gunz

DEAR AMERICA, WE ARE SERIOUS...

THE AMERICAN TRUCKER will not be held hostage, threatened, robbed, or killed. We will not be a victim. We will not be this generation's version of Reginald Denny. Every driver knows that name. Do you?

We will defend ourselves everytime, up to and including, using our 80,000lb trucks and it's 1,800 foot-pounds of torque to run you over.

Cities where looting, rioting, and stopping trucks is happening.... You are hearby put on notice.

Threaten, delay, attempt to stop a truck, we... The American trucker will consider that act as an attack on our lives. We will defend ourselves, our equipment, and our load.

Food, medicine, hospital supplies, gasoline, and a million other daily items we deliver to your cities ARE A-POLITICAL. Everyone needs them, including your dumbass. We don't "need" to come to your lawless city. YOU NEED us to deliver your food and supplies to your city.

We drivers have social media too. If your city becomes too chaotic and violent. Becomes too unsafe for us... Word will spread very quickly amongst the 3.5 million truckers. We will stop delivering to your city. Period. No driver will travel into a city that reminds us of scenes from a "Mad Max" movie.

Threaten an American truck driver while he's working and it will take you, and your city, down a path where YOU WILL LOSE.

Take a moment and seriously think: Do you really want to risk your doctor NOT having the supplies he needs to save you while in surgery? Do you really want to stop the medicines keeping your kids and parents alive?

Keep your silly **** off the US Interstate and US highway system. Congregating in the roadway will only get you run over. Having people standing and blocking the highway is a threat to our physical safety and we will respond appropriately to your attack. Standing in the roadway is NOT a protest. It is an attack on our safety. Air horns will sound, steering wheels will be held tightly, but those brakes will not be touched. You will move, or you will die. 80,000 pounds at 70mph will win every time. STAY OUT OF THE ROADWAY.

In closing: DONT FOCK WITH THE AMERICAN TRUCKER!

2. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

That didn't end up too good for the last guy that ran into a crowd. Pretty sure he's in a cell right now.

MaxB, Jonesee and Tommy Gunz like this.

3. 63Bravo

63Bravo

I am sure he is.
    You have to have a job to be arrested in Mn. AKA the state of confusion.
    MN is a freakin joke.
    I am ashamed to live
    Here.

4. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

As I told my wife last night when this transpired, I'm guessing when the dust settles we will discover that the tanker truck in Minneapolis was not doing anything wrong. My guess is that the idiots in charge allowed terrorists to occupy 35W before allowing all traffic to clear the zone inside the barricades. My guess is this was a failure of government, not a failure of the trucker. My guess is we will discover he was trying to get through the city before the 8pm road closures (which was changed to 5pm at the last minute), and the barricades were put up after he got through. We'll see if I'm right.

in fact, no roads or interstates should be occupied by "protesters". Roads are necessary for emergency vehicles and for access to critical facilities. To allow protesters to block a road can prevent a heart attack patient from getting needed help. if we can save just 1 life....

oh wait a minute. that only works if it serves their cause.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  5. thewitt

thewitt

I do not doubt that truckers will steer clear of cities that "look like a scene from Mad Max" but I do doubt that any will hold the wheel tightly and keep their foot off the brakes and simply run through a crowd of people blocking the roadway at 70mph.

The FedEx driver who ran over the thief stealing his load did not know that the man was under his tires.

The truck driver staring in the faces of the people standing in front of his rig on the highway knows.

6. ReaPer105

ReaPer105

Sounded like the MN Governor was on his defense team today. He will get more time than many of the arsonists when it's all done tho.

7. illrooster132

illrooster132

let me get this correct. truckers are saying they will not stop to a crowd of dumba..es !. I agree on this . but other say that will face criminal chargers for protecting his life ? I'm with the truckers on this one. play stupid and you know the rest. I will teach my kids to be smart and don't do what the others do to rick their lives.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    orangejeep06 likes this.
  8. Zerodefect

Zerodefect I feel pretty.

Sweating burger fat, is not a super power. Leave the cape at home.

About as likely to happen as a NY cop catching someone, that can walk away at a brisk pace.

9. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Couple things I SUSPECT. The interstates inside 494/694 loop were closed over the night to everyone. (Likely Police, Fire, EMS, other first responders exempt)
    So the Mob was not supposed to be there. But IF I’m correct the truck was NOT supposed to be on it either. IF I understood rules. He could be on any other legal load for his weight, size... as he is working. But he was not allowed to use the most efficient, safe, known route.
    If you move, drive around Barricades “Road Closed” there are consequences. I have done it many times. I sure don’t drive fast. (Again my guess). He was going over 50mph before he got on film. This is all guesses, from memory....

When I believe I have legit reason to go past barriers. I am driving slower, fully alert. Few times I’m questioned they feel my reason is acceptable. “Ok drive careful”

10. jconn465

jconn465

Guess I’ll bring some 3m scrubs with me to work this week. Blood and guts are hard to remove.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Truckers sure can, just have to put on the extra large bug screen

orangejeep06 likes this.
  12. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

Wait.

Is Jimmy Hoffa alive?

First shot likes this.
  13. flyover

flyover

What I want to know is why are the cops/authorities allowing these idiot protesters on the freeways in the first place.

I can't say that I blame the truck drivers for this. A lot of them own their rigs and don't want them vandalized or burned. You have to remember a truck like that costs in excess of 100K.

larry_minn and orangejeep06 like this.
  14. larry_minn

In NY I saw a truck arrive with doors of trailer open. Seems a youth stepped in front at end of exit from major street (place where they tried the exact same thing on us). Owner driving downshifted, revel up and drove. The hood ornament got out of the way of a 15 mph truck slowly speeding up.
    This guy stopped. Hood rats I warned driver about defended, busted trailer open, driver was relieved of his billfold and suggested to leave while he could. We were told that was a normal morning activity. As I watched a van get stripped in the street. 3 separate groups took parts from what was left.
    I really wanted a gun on me there.

flyover likes this.
  15. flyover

flyover

I had an aunt and uncle that drove semi for a large outfit. They hated to have to go to cities like New York, Detroit, Chicago and the like. They said they were lucky to deliver their cargo before having it looted out of the trailer. And this was 10-15 years ago.

larry_minn likes this.
  16. larry_minn

A story I was told of NY in @1990. Guy is early. Gets unloaded but rush hour. Open area so he takes a nap. Wakes up trailer door open, his cargo being redistributed by local community organizers.
    He runs back slams Door, and dogs it, jumps in truck and off to races. Calls on CB, gets a base to notify Police to meet at truck stop. He is amazed, thrilled. “They sent 4 squads to deal with thieves locked in my trailer”. He pulls up, gets educated. He is the one being arrested. Kidnapping, endangerment for starters. They open refer. EMPTY. He was lucky. They warned him of that. Next time drive all night. Till they are good and cold. Dump them out thousand miles from home. If stopped. “I didn’t know they snuck in”

17. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

6238.jpeg

Attached Files:

Khufu and flyover like this.
  18. 1eyedjack01

1eyedjack01

The headline I saw today indicated he was released without charges. Didn't bother to read the story...