close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

An amazing day!!

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by MDT, Oct 6, 2004.

1. MDT

MDT Glock21Love

Today was the first time I have been able to get out during bow season. A friend I work with took me to some land he has access to. He put me in what he calls the "honey hole":) . So after looking like a goof ball getting up the tree in a climber, I got situation and just waited.

This is the great part... After working like a dog over the past several days and just becoming surly, I just sat there. I watched the sun come up. I felt the first early morning breeze. I heard the first bird chirp. I felt restored. And the bonus, shortly after sun up, a doe walked out of the tree line about 40 yds in front of me. She made a beeline toward me. Unfortunately, there was absolutely no cover for me to draw on her. When she hit 15 yds (perfect broadside), I attempted to draw. Well, she saw movement, and spooked. She never saw me. Mossy Oak Forest Floor and Scent-Lok suit, but she knew something was not right. She took off, I didn't get the shot. My heart was racing, my hands shaking, and I had a huge grin. It made my day.

I have to work again tomorrow, but I had a great day today! I can't wait to get out again. It's not the kill (though I wish I had harvested the doe), it truly is about the experience.

MDT

2. buckfever34

buckfever34

I cannot agree with you more. It is not always all about the kill, although they sure taste good. There are times when I wish I could do with game animals what I do with Largemouth Bass a lot of the time...get a picture and turn them loose.
    Clint

3. lomfs24

lomfs24

You mean shoot and release deer hunting? ;f

4. StockGlock23

StockGlock23 Hilarious!

Well if you now any vet friends you could always get a tranq (sp?) gun and in some ways catch and release.
    HAHA that is a When Animals Attack waiting to happen.

5. Ralphumor

Ralphumor NRA Life Member

The hole eatting a picture just doesnt sound as well with my rice and mushrooms...........Its alot easier to drag a picture up the hill than a deer...;f ;f