An AK PB on GunBroker just in time for the holiday shopping season...

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by glockhoarder, Dec 1, 2019.

1. mbar9607

mbar9607

I’m currently on the hunt for a 86 manual
    And plan to spend around $300 for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. knifeman32

knifeman32

The last 1986 manual that I sold was a few months ago on ebay I believe it was August when it sold. I believe it brought $650.

mbar9607 likes this.

3. knifeman32

knifeman32

Yes it was mine. Thanks for the compliment. It's going to a good home, I know that for sure. This and the AL that sold back in March or April were my duplicate pencil barrel guns. I have a few pb's left that are duplicates but I may only sell one more. I'm downsizing a bit and purging my duplicate glocks that I don't have as much interest in. I am still collecting but only models that I don't already have or certain serial number prefixes. I've sold around 60-70 so far gen 1's, gen 2's, pencil barrels, oddball models, commemorative models, etc.. I'm about half way there.

mbar9607 likes this.
  4. knifeman32

knifeman32

Generally speaking, the fall/winter are a bit more lucrative for firearms dealers. Even early spring isn't all that bad. I only know because I am one and have rode these trends since I became a gun dealer. We do get more credit card sales as Christmas approaches though. Overall, I'm happy with what it brought but happier that its going to a good home and to someone that will appreciate it. Should it have brought more? Possibly. But I've been selling on gunbroker for a number of years and know that there is always a risk when starting a penny auction. Sometimes it works out great. Others it doesn't bring what you thought it would. There is always a chance one way or the other. But again, I'm thrilled that its going to a good home.

Jayman28 likes this.
  5. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

Thanks so much for all the information.

sounds like it worked out well for the buyer and seller -congratulations to both.

The above post confirm what I had I thought I remembered about the prices for manuals.

The 86s over $500 and the 85s around a grand.

We'll see if the trends hold when another sells.

mbar9607 likes this.
  6. geefal

geefal

yup, might be establishing another year as "buyers market" (walks back to the gunsafe and puts away the Glocks (the doubles) I was going to sell this year).

Jayman28 likes this.
  7. gunlove

gunlove

Why but a paper manual, when you can buy a very good condition Gen 1 with a manual for the same price? No brainer for me.

8. glockhoarder

glockhoarder

The primary driver is that people with pencil barrel guns want to complete their gun. That's y

Glockaholics, mbar9607 and Marcus99 like this.