close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Amsec pistol box

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by BK63, Aug 6, 2006.

1. BK63

BK63

I know pistol safe's have been discussed before but I was looking for some up to date opinions. A buddie of mine passed not long ago and had an Amsec pistol safe on his bedroom wall like I do. The family had to get a locksmith to come in and open his large gun safe because nobody had the combination. While the guy was there they asked him to open that Amsec box on his bedroom wall and I was pretty suprised how quickly he could pop it open with a big screwdriver in less than a minute. While this keeps my kids away from my carry gun it would not keep a thief out for long. Was wondering your opinions on a quick access safe that is more secure. I certainly think I need to replace this thing and soon.

2. VWTim

VWTim

Which kind of Amsec box was it? I have one that uses the Simplex push button locks. It's more of something to keep the nephews out, dissuade punk theifs. Most of the small pistol boxes are like that. No replacement for a true safe.

3. mastery

mastery

Have you tried this question in one of the regular forums? You may not get a lot of responses here in the for sale fourms.

4. BK63

BK63

It's the one with the simplex push button lock. I noticed when looking closer that the hinge uses pop rivets. Pretty lame if you ask me. This guy put a big screwdriver in there and just popped them out like nothing. I have actually been looking at safe's on ebay that are more like a small safe with electronic push button lock and key backup. They have throw bolts and a door that opens. No pop rivets. Also cheaper than the Amsec pistol box was and look much more secure and can be mounted on the wall.