close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Amorer gun purchases

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by glockess56, Mar 19, 2010.

1. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I want to ask two questions requarding the new purchase plan for GSSF members.

1 - I know Glock Armorers get two gun purchases a year. Do we use the certificates we have to order these guns, or is it done like the other gun purchases, just show your ID in the LEO gun store (on list)?

2 - When does the other GSSF go into effect? I'm thinking it's now, as I see posts where people have bought them, but is it a year from when I last bought one as before? In other words, I bought a Glock last July, using the purchase program that was in effect (certificate). Now, can I buy a Glock now under the new program or do I have to wait until July? I just thought of this when I was in the gun store today.

Any information is greatly appreciated and I know this group will give great info!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  2. jab

jab

I was asked "have you bought a gun under the NEW program ?",I said I had not,had got one with a certificate under the OLD plan.
    Was then told " different plans,one doesn't affect the other".
    They did put my GSSF # on a form,do not know if it stays in house or gets sent out.
    BUT................that was "my" dealer.............who knows how others conduct it !!

P.S.; bought it TODAY,guess the new plan IS up and running !

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010

3. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but it is my understanding that Glock armorers can purchase 2 pistols per certification period which is three years. I don't believe it's 2 pistols per year.

Near the back of your Armorer's Manual U.S. Addendum you'll find a page that says "individual officer price sheet". You'll fill this out and either fax or mail it with payment directly to Glock. Make sure you provide an FFL name & address so they know where to ship your pistol. You will then pick it up from your local FFL.

This has nothing to do with purchasing a pistol through GSSF.

4. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Thanks for the update on the armorer's course. My instructor told us that we were using an old book (2002 and I took the course in March, 2009). I talked to Donna who attached this particular certificate and that's the one I still have. When I was told it's in the book, I looked and looked and someone who was in my class said that the certificates weren't in the old books. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

5. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

E-mail sent. Have a great day.