close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Ammoman

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by CIAHitman, Mar 24, 2006.

1. CIAHitman

CIAHitman WalterGA fan

2. poe

poe

A long (six pages so far) and VERY interesting read. I was contemplating a $199 purchase with AMMOMAN.
    Thanks Hitman!

3. Freeze N

Freeze N I Hate Snow

Pretty incredible reading. Ammoman will be suffering in the wallet over this.

4. tosainu1

tosainu1

I'm opting out of his email list and he can stick his ammo up his a##, that is the worst form of fraud i've heard in the gun business....

5. RMTactical

RMTactical Battle Born CLM

HOLY ****!! I will never order from him now. What an ***.

6. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

As others have said, I find it interesting that Ammoman has hired an attorney over $400.

My spidey sense makes me think he is doing it ONLY to save face and make it look to the current and possible future customers of his that he was honest in his description of the rifle or whatever he's claiming. He will spend much more on the legal fee's but I think he hopes to "fight" it and appear like an honest businessman to his patrons.

7. PaulTX

PaulTX Millennium Member

A couple of years ago bought I two ammo cans of surplus Korean 30-06 ammo from Ammoman. On the Ammoman's website it was strongly stated that this ammo WAS NOT corrosive. After getting the ammo I checked the headstamp and it was KA. After reading the forums and learned the KA was indeed mildly corrosive and that the PS headstamp was not corrosive I returned the KA to Ammoman and exchanged it for a crate of Danish (not the pastry kind!).

I would not have minded the corrosive KA ammo so much if I was shooting it out of a bolt gun that is easy to clean. My 30-06 is a M1 Garand and don't want to clean the gas system every time I shoot it.

This 30-06 ammo was my first purchase with Ammoman and I've been tempted to purchase other ammo but very concerned at the same time.

Paul

8. chakup

chakup

9. 19er

19er Millennium Member

It's amazing that "Eric The Ammoman" will let his business go down the drain over this.

Looks like he's down to operating just 15 hours per week now.:upeyes:

10. Razoreye

Razoreye ♥♥Adorkable!♥♥

Damn he's taking a beating. I went and read all 9 pages. Course I skipped most of the posts because they were bandwagon, biased, *****ing/moaning, and hearsay. Basically I read the member's post and the staff's replies.

11. switch625

switch625 S. S. Squirrel

Saw a thread in the ammo section at arfcom saying he sold the business. That's why he don't give a rip.

12. PennGlock

PennGlock

He has been pulling the same **** for years. I dont know why people are now suddenly turning on him, but Im glad they are.

Ive seen him behave in the most disgusting way to customers on the AR15 forums many times. One of the sleaziest guys in the business for sure... Im hoping this episode will all but put him out of business.

13. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

well, im glad i did NOT purchase any ammo from this "man".

kind of like Lyman products who sold me a pachmayr beavertail for my full sized 1911 stating that it would work with the stock spur hammers.

it didnt.

14. Razoreye

Razoreye ♥♥Adorkable!♥♥

April Fools Day?

15. joehammer75

joehammer75 NRA Member

I too removed my email from ther mailing list, i have gotten ammo from Eric in the past and spoke with him a couple of times, he never acted like he give a care if i bought from him or not so i suppose i wont. to many other places to buy ammo online at better prices who stand behind what they sell