Ammo?

Discussion in 'Illinois Glockers' Club' started by metro273, Sep 23, 2009.

1. BudMan5

BudMan5

I bought 300 rounds of Winchester WB 9mm at the Ottawa WalMart yesterday. The Plano WalMart has both Winchester WB and Blazer 9mm in stock.

Bud

2. sourdough44

sourdough44

Have you guys tried GAT Guns in Dundee, just off I-90, hwy 25 exit North? They have a BUNCH of ammo & guns.

3. metro273

metro273 Glock 19 Rocks!

They're probably expensive, that's probably why they a bunch!...:supergrin:

4. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Lifetime Member Millennium Member

I hope you all have been saving your brass so you can reload some day! Then this shortage/limited availability BS will mean MUCH MUCH less to you...

In the mean time, if you're looking for decent-sized amounts of ammo, like 500 rds or more, check out some on-line places like Georgia Arms. They have really great quality, reasonably-priced "blasting ammo." (They are a commercial loading outfit, so shortages sometimes don't effect them as badly as us, or at least not as suddenly.) Yes, you pay shipping, but I've found it's usually the same or less than the sales tax you pay locally...

If you're absolutely against the idea of reloading, you should check the surplus ammo dealers, like AIM surplus. They often get in shipments of surplus ammo that is non-reloadable, that they sell at a reasonable price.

Good luck out there. Too bad you're not down-state with me. Our ammo shelves are full once again. :cool:

5. JWS755

JWS755

Saw WWB 9mm in the Plainfield walmart last week. Maybe 12 boxes, I think it was 14.95 a box..... I reload my own...

6. MakeMineA10mm

MakeMineA10mm * * * * Lifetime Member Millennium Member

Went to the Gunshow in New Berlin (outside Springfield) on Saturday, and there was some ammo there. I've been waiting for 6+ months for some Hornady Critical Defense ammo in 380 Auto for the LCP, and a dealer there had a case of it. Got two boxes, at near $1/rd, but at least it was there... My on-line sources and local gunshop haven't had it in a long time, or in some cases, at all...

7. varmint6

varmint6

you guys try ammo man ?
    his prices are ok..
    they gotta be better than mega hopefully youre buyin by the case.