Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Be careful. I had about about 300 short strokes in 800 shots. It's hit or miss (pun intended). Just buy better higher cost ammo to assure you don't get rooked.
I've gone through a box and maybe half of a second...no problems. I can remember one FTF, I put it back in a magazine and it fired the second time around.

·
Private side
11,817 Posts
I had two failure to extracts using Federal Bulk Blue box this weekend at the GSSF match. Mine has run Remington Golden billets really well. Round count is around 1,000; cleaned it before the Glock match though.

Saw another shooter have failure to feed issues with some truncated hollow points (not sure which brand.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
While you may get lucky right out of the gate, most any .22 ( precision target guns excepted) will do best with high quality high velocity ammo (NOT bulk) for the first brick or two. I usually recommend cci as it is the best quality domestic brand)
After that your gun will likely run any junk bulk you throw at it.
Just remember the reason bulk is cheaper is lower quality control
Cheap ammo= potentially cheap results ( decreased accuracy or reliability)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
While you may get lucky right out of the gate, most any .22 ( precision target guns excepted) will do best with high quality high velocity ammo (NOT bulk) for the first brick or two. I usually recommend cci as it is the best quality domestic brand)
After that your gun will likely run any junk bulk you throw at it.
Just remember the reason bulk is cheaper is lower quality control
Cheap ammo= potentially cheap results ( decreased accuracy or reliability)

Solid advice right there.

When I first bought my G44, I took CCI Mini Mags, CCI Standard, and Federal Champion HV to the range. The very first mag was Mini Mags and for the second, I tried CCI standard. I had 2 failures with the CCI standard on a new pistol which I was expecting to see. After shooting several hundred rounds of CCI Min Mag and Federal Champion, it would then shoot the CCI standard without issues. I have stuck with CCI Mini Mags since I actually get he best accuracy from them.

·
Private side
11,817 Posts
As long as my G44 cycles and can hit an 8” circle out to 20 yds, I’m good. Any ammo I can find that functions reliably and can keep the rounds within 4”” radius from my point of aim at those distances is acceptable; if it is a “cleaner” round then that’s a bonus.

Reactions: PM720

·
20,310 Posts
1st time I took it out (Bought new) it ran 100% with various ammo.
Last weekend had it out & only used federal bulk pack (blue box) and a ton of FTF/FTE happened. Do they just not like this ammo?

If so, which brands/types are best for the G44?
CCI ammo works best in almost every gun I have ever shot it in. That ncludes Blazers as well as mini-mags and velocitors. The quality has been consistent in all the years that I've been using it which dates back to about 1967. For bulk ammo, get a 500 count brick of Blazers.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My 44 (w/TruGlo Pro sights) has fired Fed Automatch; CCI MM 40 gr,36 gr HP, Tac; and SV, and Aguila SV and HV w/o any issues.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Think I have had one out of 12,000 CCI Minimags misfire in my G44. I reinserted into the magazine and it fired. Just one.
Have had a few of the 36 g hollow points shove up against the feed ramp and stop too. But this ammo works better than cheapy (now expensive) bulk ammo.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had a few issues with Winchester bulk white box when first broke it in but seemed like an ammo issue not a gun issue. In the year I owned mine (traded it in to try something new) I ran Aguila, Federal blue box and champion, CCI mini mags and blazer, and Remington Golden without problems. It also liked stingers, velocities and personal defense punch but I only tried a clip or two of each.

I stuck with CCI Blazer and minimags if I had a choice. It seemed to shoot cleaner and more consistently.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
If so, which brands/types are best for the G44?
From my experience with the Advantage Arms .22 Conversion Unit. Anything that is copper plated run well but lead bullets was 50%

·
Registered
253 Posts
Bought 1-2021 shot the first 550 that day out of the box, next day samething 550. Cleaned it at 1300 shots but now I clean it every 500 or less. Now up to 4540 shots as of last saturday and no issues with the gun but of course a few ammo related issues, nothing worth discussing. 4540 rounds no cci, but all bulk fedral, cci 500, fed 333, GB 525, fed 800,winchester555, Herters 500, aguila 500 15 year old box of 525 from Wally. No issues runs perfect and I use 10 Glock mags. I feel like it has improved my shot. JMO

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mine has never missed a beat using Geco, Remington Viper and CCI standard. I don't keep track, but it's around 2500 rounds so far.
Geco is the only ammo that my 44 doesn't like. It just doesn't have the power to cycle the slide.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Blazer 40 grain solids and CCI Standard Velocity work great, that’s all we shoot in our two. I tried various subsonic ammo, the CCI worked after the 44 had around 400 rounds through it. I lightly clean after every 100 rounds.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Blazer 40 grain solids and CCI Standard Velocity work great, that’s all we shoot in our two. I tried various subsonic ammo, the CCI worked after the 44 had around 400 rounds through it. I lightly clean after every 100 rounds.
picked up my 44 as soon as they were available so i have a very early model, got it home ,cleaned it and lubed it like i lube all my other glocks and went out to my range at my house and tried about 5 different types of ammo,at that session all it fired reliably was mini mags and aguila super extra,cleaned it and relubed and went back to the range and fired 750 cci stingers without any type of malfunction,after that the gun will now fire anything i feed it,i primarily use it in gssf indoor and outdoor events,my match ammo of choice now is federal automatch bulk,i cronoed that ammo last weekend after noticing that there was a very distinct sound difference between the older ammo and the newer,both boxes show 1200fps velocity,older version was actualy 960fps and the newer
version was 840fps,this is the ammo i use for matches ,it has been totally reliable annd is by far the most accurate ammo in my 44

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
I fired 50 rounds of Automatch today in an GSSF Indoor simulation. That ammo felt real consistent, and scored pretty well. Of four boxes of 325 bulk, three have been real good ammo, but that one box only cycled about 70% of time without mishap. May not have been quite that good. Some of it is wimp-charged ammo.

I've actually fired some real crappy undercharged ammo at a fifty yard plate which actually required a top edge hold to get a ping, but it would still cycle pretty good! Velocity can vary pretty significantly, I guess.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts