Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
How'smydriving?
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st time I took it out (Bought new) it ran 100% with various ammo.
Last weekend had it out & only used federal bulk pack (blue box) and a ton of FTF/FTE happened. Do they just not like this ammo?

If so, which brands/types are best for the G44?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had problems with Fed Automatch 22 lr when my G44 was brand new. Feeding it CCI minimags for a couple hundred rounds alternating with CCI Std and Winchester X broke it in and now it eats anything, including Feds and cheap Remington.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I have not tried any Remington ammo in mine and most likely won't. But everything else I have fed it works just fine.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Mine works great with all the ammo I have tried , even Rem. Thunder Bolts. All the ammo I have tried is H.V. Aguila, CCI mini-Mags , Rem. GB , Several types of Win. and of course the T. B.'s
All my 10 G44 mags work great .
I have 4 Pro Mag 18 rd. mags and after I learned just how to load them they work great as well and I always load them with 18 pds.

I have a few weak rds. and a very few duds in all of the above except the Aguila's . I don't consider them as the 44's fault .

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Last weekend had it out & only used federal bulk pack (blue box) and a ton of FTF/FTE happened. Do they just not like this ammo?

I don’t own one myself but from what I’ve read
on this forum, the 44 likes CCI Minimags.
If I bought one that’s where I would start.
After break in I’d also try CCI Standard Velocity.

·
Registered
641 Posts

My new 44 fired Blazers, standard CCI and Thunderbolts perfectly for 300 rounds until I installed metal TruGlo sights. The fraction of a gram increase started causing problems with Thunderbolts, occational failures to eject. No other changes and I clean and lube properly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 44 runs flawless with pretty much everything other than Remington golden bullet,herters, and Winchester bulk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
at first mine didn’t like thunderbolts or Winchester bulk 333, but the I replaced the stock guide Rod with a lighter one and it runs with out any issues on any one them. I just ran 60 of the cheap Winchester bulk 333 an hour ago and had no issues

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine has gobbled everything (CCI, American Eagle, Winchester, Aguila, even Remington Thunderbolts, the all-time .22LR garbage round) and I use OEM mags.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I shot mine 3 days ago. Fired 100 rounds of CCI Select 40 grain 1200 FPS without a problem. I wanted to put more rounds thur the gun so I went to the Range store and bought 50 rounds of all they had, CCI Quiet-22 40 grain 750 FPS. My G44 wouldn't eject one round. I stopped after trying 3 rounds. Seems my G44 doesn't like round velocities under 1000 FPS.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Most semi auto pistols and rifle will not function well with CCI Quiet or similar ammo.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I run Eley Force (HV) and Eley Contact (SV). But both of these use a 42gr bullet. Mine has also eaten Blazer(HV), Aguila extra Standard (HV) , even CCI Minni Mags (HV), and Standard Velocity CCI.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Mine has never missed a beat using Geco, Remington Viper and CCI standard. I don't keep track, but it's around 2500 rounds so far.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Federal "blue box" 800 round bulk pack is horrible. I bought that ammo for about $70 and had to shoot all of the squib-loaded crap. Remington T-bolt, Fed Chumpion, Win M 22- all of those...take a wide berth.
I've even considered if the slimey soft lead they are using is the reason they load it up to only about 613 fps, or something! Buy good high velocity cartridges with jacketed bullets. I guess the cheap crap ammo makes for a good stoppage clearing drill session, but there ain't no "un-stopping" a ruptured barrel!

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
I shot mine 3 days ago. Fired 100 rounds of CCI Select 40 grain 1200 FPS without a problem. I wanted to put more rounds thur the gun so I went to the Range store and bought 50 rounds of all they had, CCI Quiet-22 40 grain 750 FPS. My G44 wouldn't eject one round. I stopped after trying 3 rounds. Seems my G44 doesn't like round velocities under 1000 FPS.
That Quiet ammo is good stuff for back yard shooting fun, but only if it's a revolver or bolt action repeating rifle.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts