Ammo source?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Boots2150, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Boots2150

Boots2150

So I'm looking for suggestions as to reputable online sources for buying ammo to try and save some money. Like many others I'm looking for 9mm and I really like the Geco brand since it seems to do really well in my 43X. Thanks!

2. SouthVA

SouthVA

ammoseek.com

They list by price and include vendor ratings.

3. E.Bar

E.Bar

4. sourdough44

sourdough44

Any of the above. Should be able to find some. Get whatever you can now, stock up some when things settle down.

5. Noponer

Noponer

SGammo is good. Targetsportsusa is also good... and prices are better right now, when it is in stock.

A couple of days ago, they had 147gr Blazer Brass in stock - in 50 round boxes & in 1000 round cases. I ordered a case to save shipping. During the rest of that day, I kept checking back & watched the case supply go from 40 to 0. The per box supply also was gone.

The 147gr is back in stock now at Targetsportsusa, but the price has gone up $1 per 50. Their 115gr is also in stock, at $1 less per 50.

GlockyQ and lineback911 like this.
  6. WillyM

WillyM

targetsportusa.com is my go to source. Free shipping if 1000 purchased, and the price is fair considering the prices out there.

7. Rocks

Rocks

I like TargetSportsUSA and have a Prime membership I share with a friend. Free shipping and discounted ammo.

lineback911 likes this.
  8. billyj7175

billyj7175

Another vote here for SGAmmo. I just ordered a case of 9mm from them the other day. Quick shipping, good prices, I will be ordering another case here shortly.
    Since I live in Oklahoma, I emailed them asking if they had a location where I could purchase over the counter. They do not, but offer half off shipping if you live in Oklahoma.

lineback911 likes this.
  9. Mike-M

Mike-M

It's called the SLIDE STOP LEVER, not the SLIDE LOCK.

(That's just to put something Glock-specific into this thread until moderators flush it out of the General Glocking Forum.)

10. Rocks

Rocks

I'
    I'm waiting for mail delivery and I'll be changing both of those on the wife's G42. :cheers:

11. MajorD

MajorD

Right now is a bad time to be looking for ammo. Covid and concern over civil unrest has price and demand high.
    The old saying buy cheap stack deep comes to mind
    While I don’t go crazy with factory ammo, I always have enough reloading supplies to last a couple years just in case.

WillyM likes this.
  12. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    Like others have said, SGAmmo and TargetSports.

WillyM and lineback911 like this.
  13. ACE31

ACE31

This as SG ammo is price gouging right now. Perhaps after January Sams prices will go back down.

GlockyQ likes this.
  14. Brigrat

Brigrat Question Everything

I've got 500 rounds of 9mm on the UPS truck plowing through the neighborhood right now courtesy of Targetsportsusa and their most delightful Prime membership.

WillyM likes this.
  15. megawatt

megawatt Electron maker

To save money on ammo purchases you should of bought in 2019. 2020 and ammo cost savings almost don’t go together in the same sentence. If buying a couple boxes keep trying your local Walmart, big 5 or academy sports type of stores.

If your going to do online purchases (I highly recommend) then don’t treat it as a 20 minute search and go with the best price you found. Turn it into a week long search and bookmark different pages and keep searching daily if possible. And always purchase by the case at a minimum. A couple boxes at a time is not gonna help. And don’t get caught up in the price per cartridge. You have to add in the shipping and possibly tax add on to get the real price before you order.

16. Noponer

Noponer

I would not be too tough on Sam. I think gouging is a little strong.

I asked about price matching once & he wrote me back saying that he does not do that... that he sets his prices according to what he is paying & marks it up fairly. I have bought a lot from SGammo & they were always fair.

I believe his prices are up now only because he cannot get good prices himself in these crazy times. As I said above, even Target Sports just now went up $1 per box on Blazer Brass 147gr. That's a pretty good percentage jump.

grumpy1 likes this.
  17. grumpy1

grumpy1

Yeah SGAmmo is certainly not price gouging and they are selling ammo about as fast as they get it in, especially 9MM. I have done a lot of business with them over the years and have been extremely happy with their pricing and service.

18. J-Doo

J-Doo

I’ve got a local company ( Fenix Ammunition) that I buy from. I’ve never had any issues with their reloads. A lot of the local gun shops buy range ammo from them. They are having a hard time getting brass right now for 9mm. I think the issue is everyone is hoarding it but no one is shooting. They can get out all of the other auto rounds. They don’t do rimmed.
    https://fenixammo.com/

19. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Used SH ammo recently since they had my HST’s in stock, shipped pretty quick with all going on, no complaints.

20. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Philippians 4: 6-7

I have always had very good service from this company.

www.sgammo.com