close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ammo sold out?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by SprawlnBrawl, Jan 1, 2013.

1. SprawlnBrawl

SprawlnBrawl

Hi fellow glockers, I have been a member less then a year. I usually just read never post it but now I'm really concern. I became a proud gun owner of G23 and became an active shooter and ccw carrier about a 1.5 year ago. Anyways due to financial issues I didn't prep enough and can't find ammo anywhere, I bought some high cap mags from glockstore and my order still pending. I already have the money for an AR 15 was planning to buy early Jan that is down the drain. Now they are talking about consfication? Since I became an active shooter I became much more aware of our constitution and how lucky we are to have it. We need to stay together and strong. Now where can I find some ammo? Lol

2. dango

dango

Yeah , and I'm getting tired of it ! Three trips trying to catch the delivery guy and nothing but COB-WEBS ! What the hell is a COB any-how ?................:shocked:

3. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

Calm down and breathe. No one is confiscating anything. If we gunowners all stick together and make sure our voices are heard, nothing will come of all this. Make sure you're doing your part. Take that money you're saving on ammo and guns and join the NRA, Second Amendment Foundation, JPFO, GOA, and whatever state level gun group you have there. Write and call your elected representatives, both state and federal. Educate yourself and then use that knowledge to educate everyone you encounter.

4. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

dont freak out , no ban is coming . let all the panic die down .

5. Phaze5ive

Phaze5ive

If you buy into the hype, you're just going to hurt yourself financially. Unless you absolutely need it, let things cool down, ammo prices drop, and then shop. This kind of scare happens all the time.

6. dango

dango

It's not really a panic for ammo thing , it's more of years and years of off the beaten trail ! (BACK-PACKER'S SYNDROME),
    Over prepare cause God only knows....!

Thank you , I feel much better now !........:supergrin:

I shoot a lot and just try to replace what I shoot. I still got plenty , just old habits !

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  7. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

I'm buying a reloading press next month because I can't afford factory ammo prices, even before this last round of hoopla. I can reload for about 40% of what I am currently paying.

8. milje

milje

Lots of ammo available here. I bought 700 rounds of 9mm this weekend and they still have plenty left. 40 and 45 there was even more of.

Normal prices here also. I bought the second box of 250 rounds just because I had a 10% off coupon.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  9. Ragnar

Ragnar

No linkie?

10. adamg01

adamg01

You seriously believe that the old 94 ban won't be reinstated with some tweaks?

11. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

honestly i dont feel it . could i be wrong ? yeah ask my wife lol

12. Riverkilt

Riverkilt

Tried to order from Cabella's and they're sold out of all 9mm - even aluminum case - through the end of the month - and that's just an estimate.

Get all you can before the hoarders get there!

13. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

Here is a good place to start looking.
    http://gun-deals.com/ammo

14. boone10

boone10 Glockeologist

I've considered reloading several times, but the upfront costs are just not attractive. I've taken the money I would have spent on all the equipment and supplies (at least twice) and just bought ammo. Reloading is also time consuming and demands concentration--neither time nor concentration fit my extra-busy lifestyle right now.

Best of luck to you and I hope you make it work. It does pay for itself eventually, but depends solely on how much (and what) you shoot.

BTW, the OPs use of the term "active shooter" may be slightly inappropriate, but we all know what he means.

15. adamg01

adamg01

If you need mags or an "assault rifle", you should seriously be worried. It is coming, I don't think it will go as far as confiscation or even registration.

16. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

same here . to upfront costs . best solution is to become friends with a reloader . better yet a reloader with a boat :rofl:

17. JackMac

JackMac

18. Bruce M

Bruce M

Presuming for a moment that one is responsible for every round that is fired exactly what is it that an AR15 will do that, for instance, a lever action 30-30 does not?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  19. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Fire more rounds accurately in considerably less time. Also quicker to reload.

20. GAFinch

GAFinch

My local Academy Sports is constantly getting in small amounts of ammo but 95% of it is sold by the early afternoon. If they're still getting some, I'm sure Walmart and others are also but it just sells out so quickly.