GlockTalk Forum banner

141 - 160 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Right Reagan invaded Grenada The Bushes shot up Iraq and junior added Afghanistan over the thing some people did in NYC.
Lets start at 1900. The USA had just finished the Spanish - American war. Europe was crumbling and erupted in 1914. Woodrow Wilson, a democrat ran on NO AMERICAN INVOLVMENT in Europe's mess for his second term. We know how that worked, right?
Some say that FDR was deliberately provoking Japan buy embargoing trade with the Empire. Anyway it was both Roosevelt and Truman, both democrats that sent troops to war. WWII and Korea.
Yes Ike did try to help Vietnam after the French lost but compare that to JFK almost starting a nuclear was with the USSR over who and where missiles would be stationed. And let us not forget LBJ's false flag Gulf of Tolkin and escalating the war in Vietnam.
And now for Bill Clinton, who bombed Christians to protect moslems while Yugoslavia was breaking up.
And now Biden is sending US troops to Syria and Yemen.

LOL! you can bring up three Republicans over 120 years. LOL!
The last three Republican presidents prior to Trump all were heavily involved in the military-industrial complex wars or proxy wars. You can't vaguely refer to historic Republicans to justify recent Republicans. Look at the establishment Republicans, such as the neo cons and John McCain. They love them some arming and funding of wars in the Middle East. John McCain was central in arming the foreign fighters trying to overthrow the Syrian regime, which Obama had gotten us involved in.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
The last three Republican presidents prior to Trump all were heavily involved in the military-industrial complex wars or proxy wars. You can't vaguely refer to historic Republicans to justify recent Republicans. Look at the establishment Republicans, such as the neo cons and John McCain. They love them some arming and funding of wars in the Middle East. John McCain was central in arming the foreign fighters trying to overthrow the Syrian regime, which Obama had gotten us involved in.
Isn't a neo-con just a democrat in the GOP?
So, your democrat buddies defund the US military/industrial complex and US troop strength all the while starting more engagements? Come on man!
Over the past five generations of Americans in the last 120 years it is the democrat leaders that have had the USA involved in more off shore fighting, PERIOD. Now please own the war mongers.
Yes GOP presidents have sought to rebuild US defenses, but only after democrats tore them down.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Isn't a neo-con just a democrat in the GOP?
So, your democrat buddies defund the US military/industrial complex and US troop strength all the while starting more engagements? Come on man!
Over the past five generations of Americans in the last 120 years it is the democrat leaders that have had the USA involved in more off shore fighting, PERIOD. Now please own the war mongers.
Yes GOP presidents have sought to rebuild US defenses, but only after democrats tore them down.
You are laboring under an ignorance, that the problems are "all just Democrats." This is just like my younger self, and most of my liberal friends, who think it's "all the Republicans/conservatives." I actually am centrist and may even lean slightly conservative now. But you are naive if you don't know how corrupt the establishment is which includes many DC Republicans. You have to separate your own conservatism (or liberalism) from these elitists.

Sorry, W. Bush was a war criminal: An illegal war of aggression in Iraq, leading to hundred of thousands of CIVILIAN deaths and thousands of our own soldiers dying or being maimed. Iraq War II had nothing to do with 911. A regime of torture, another war crime. The Patriot Act, which is unconstitutional, and yes was also supported by establishment Democrats.

Yes, the Democrats TOO are war mongering, elitist, corrupt establishment entities at the same level of power in DC. That's why it's a bi-partisan military-industrial complex.

Neo Cons are you know, "neo-conservatives." It means functionally neo-imperial war hawks.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
You are laboring under an ignorance, that the problems are "all just Democrats." This is just like my younger self, and most of my liberal friends, who think it's "all the Republicans/conservatives." I actually am centrist and may even lean slightly conservative now. But you are naive if you don't know how corrupt the establishment is which includes many DC Republicans. You have to separate your own conservatism (or liberalism) from these elitists.

Sorry, both Bush's are war criminals: Two illegal wars of aggression in Iraq, leading to up to 1 million CIVILIAN deaths. Iraq War II had nothing to do with 911. A regime of torture, another war crime. The Patriot Act, which is unconstitutional, and yes was also supported by establishment Democrats.

Yes, the Democrats TOO are war mongering, elitist, corrupt establishment entities at the same level of power in DC. That's why it's a bi-partisan military-industrial complex.

Neo Cons are you know, "neo-conservatives." It means functionally neo-imperial war hawks.
Gulf War One was due to a treaty with Kuwait. Your ignorance there PR.
So, it was Bush/Chenney that dropped the World Trade Towers in 2001? Do you channel for Alex Jones?
Your naiveté and inexperience in foreign wars started by democrats bores my.
SeYa

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Gulf War One was due to a treaty with Kuwait. Your ignorance there PR.
So, it was Bush/Chenney that dropped the World Trade Towers in 2001? Do you channel for Alex Jones?
Your naiveté and inexperience in foreign wars started by democrats bores my.
SeYa
WRONG. Even Cheney and Rumsfeld admitted Iraq had nothing to do with 911.

What does Iraq have to do with 911? NOTHING. You are brainwashed. Afghanistan had to do with 911.

What does Alex Jones have to do with my criticizing the Bush regime? I sound like a leftist right now, not a right wing conspiracy theorist. Nice failed attempt there at deflection though.

Moreover, my general critiques are generally widely accepted worldwide. They are not "conspiracy theories" but are instead facts.

Regarding Iraq War I, with Kuwait at least there was aggression from Iraq ->Kuwait. So it was more justified conceptually.

However, it is a fact that a propaganda campaign was used for example with the "Babies in incubators" lie. This is par for the course with war though, including your example with the Gulf of Tonkin.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
WRONG. Even Cheney and Rumsfeld admitted Iraq had nothing to do with 911.

What does Iraq have to do with 911? NOTHING. You are brainwashed. Afghanistan had to do with 911.

What does Alex Jones have to do with my criticizing the Bush regime? I sound like a leftist right now, not a right wing conspiracy theorist. Nice failed attempt there at deflection though.

Moreover, my general critiques are generally widely accepted worldwide. They are not "conspiracy theories" but are instead facts.

Regarding Iraq War I, with Kuwait at least there was aggression from Iraq ->Kuwait. So it was more justified conceptually.

However, it is a fact that a propaganda campaign was used for example with the "Babies in incubators" lie. This is par for the course with war though, including your example with the Gulf of Tonkin.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
LOL! most of the Sept. 11th 2001 hijackers were Saudi citizens. Like I said above your naiveté and inexperience in foreign matters bores me'
I am doen here since you obviously cannot be educated to the truth, brainwashed by democrats.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
LOL! most of the Sept. 11th 2001 hijackers were Saudi citizens. Like I said above your naiveté and inexperience in foreign matters bores me'
I am doen here since you obviously cannot be educated to the truth, brainwashed by democrats.
Wrong, I have an international affairs graduate degree from the number 1 school for such in the US.

You tried to imply that because I questioned Iraq, I was saying Bush was responsible for 911. You attempted to manipulate the discourse, deflecting the discussion to such. You failed. I'm aware of the Saudi connection to 911 in the sense of the identity of the hijackers.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Wrong, I have an international affairs graduate degree from the number 1 school for such in the US.
On the internet you can claim to be anything you want.
After all I have a doctorate in political science and I am smarter than you. Or was that a doctorate in US history?
Claim all you like you just intensify your naiveté and inexperience in life.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Please share. The current administration agreed with the former administration to block ammunition sales? HMMM, curoioser, and curioser.
People are concerned that the Biden administration will enact laws that will make ammunition more expensive and/or harder to get. Such as high taxes or banning internet sales. Whether those are valid concerns can be debated, but Biden's animosity towards guns certainly is fueling the run on ammunition and firearms. And I don't know what "curoioser" or "curioser" mean, so I can't comment on that portion of your post.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
On the internet you can claim to be anything you want.
After all I have a doctorate in political science and I am smarter than you. Or was that a doctorate in US history?
Claim all you like you just intensify your naiveté and inexperience in life.
You have yet to defend successfully a single policy I criticized of W. Bush, from the Iraq War to the Patriot Act and torture. Instead, you’ve engaged in deflection, logical fallacies, and ad hominem attacks. That is the sign of someone losing the argument, or a dishonest agent. You lost.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
People are concerned that the Biden administration will enact laws that will make ammunition more expensive and/or harder to get. Such as high taxes or banning internet sales. Whether those are valid concerns can be debated, but Biden's animosity towards guns certainly is fueling the run on ammunition and firearms. And I don't know what "curoioser" or "curioser" mean, so I can't comment on that portion of your post.
His camp has stated they want to ban ammo internet sales. And they have a strong gun control plan. Whether they succeed or not remains to be seen.

·
Registered
20,016 Posts
You have yet to defend successfully a single policy I criticized of W. Bush, from the Iraq War to the Patriot Act and torture. Instead, you’ve engaged in deflection, logical fallacies, and ad hominem attacks. That is the sign of someone losing the argument, or a dishonest agent. You lost.
It seems to me that congress authorized all of this. Do you include them in your rant?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
It seems to me that congress authorized all of this. Do you include them in your rant?
If one looks at my posts on this thread, I stated clearly that both Democrats and Republicans supported it. My entire point is in response to Mike's assertion that Democrats solely are the problem... To which I cited Republican involvement, including Republican senators. It was a response, not a "rant."

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
People are concerned that the Biden administration will enact laws that will make ammunition more expensive and/or harder to get. Such as high taxes or banning internet sales. Whether those are valid concerns can be debated, but Biden's animosity towards guns certainly is fueling the run on ammunition and firearms.
The run has been going on since lockdowns started in March. Biden has only helped extended the run by suggesting asinine policies.

March - lockdowns, high gun sales to 1st time, liberal gun buyers who wanted ammo (that will never be used).
April/May - People like us saw pistol ammo getting short, started buying heavily, MSR ammo starts disappearing & defensive shotgun ammo. Handloading supplies get short.
June/July/August - Summer riots added to the demand, rifle ammo/shotgun started getting short. Handloading supplies disappear.
Sept/Oct/Nov - Rifle ammo disappears, except a few less common calibers (450 Bushmaster etc) due to election scare.
Nov/Dec- Shotgun disappears except steel shot
Dec/Jan - steel shot disappears

So it worked this way based on what I saw from behind the gun counter. Each new thing added another layer to the demand -

Start/Layer 1 - Lockdowns in March/April
Layer 2 - Summer riots
Layer 3 - Election scare
Layer 4 - Hunting season with short supplies available
Layer 5 - Election result uncertainty
Layer 6 - Jan. 6th false flag
Layer 7 - Biden tough talk an urging congress to action

·
Registered
20,016 Posts
I got an email from the NICS. They stated that in calendar year 2019 they handled over 28 million transactions, In calendar year 2020 they handled nearly 40 million transactions.

That makes an impact on the ammo supply and then add in all the disruptions from covid and plant shutdowns. It is going to mess things up.

Reactions: RisingPhoenix

·
Registered
164 Posts
Look at your own buying habits. Typically if ammo is in stock I'll buy 1-2 boxes just to keep some around. Now if there is ammo in stock I'll buy whatever I can, typically whatever the retailers limit is. So this customer is buying and stocking more than he normally would.

141 - 160 of 178 Posts