GlockTalk Forum banner

121 - 140 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
The magic $1.00/$2.00 round tipping point.

You seriously think that somehow all of the major manufacturing brands that have been out of stock for months or dribble in periodically, suddenly magically all appear in mass quantities available for sale. They had 25.... thats right TWENTY FIVE different brands / bullet weights in stock all on one day. I was able to put 5,000 rounds in my cart on everyone that I tried. They’ve had that $hit stashed in the warehouse for weeks / months just waiting realize maximum profit target before posting up for sale. World class gouger!

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
The magic $1.00/$2.00 round tipping point.

You seriously think that somehow all of the major manufacturing brands that have been out of stock for months or dribble in periodically, suddenly magically all appear in mass quantities available for sale. They had 25.... thats right TWENTY FIVE different brands / bullet weights in stock all on one day. I was able to put 5,000 rounds in my cart on everyone that I tried. They’ve had that $hit stashed in the warehouse for weeks / months just waiting realize maximum profit target before posting up for sale. World class gouger!
Being able to put 5000 rounds in your cart doesn't really mean much. First, that's not much ammo for a larger supplier and second, the system may not check inventory until checkout.

The tipping point price would be a good theory if ammo prices were fixed by someone, somewhere, but they're not. There is a lot of 9mm ammo out there right now for significantly less than $1.00 per round, so why would they start selling it for $1.00 per round now? OTH, some other sellers have been getting $1.00 per round for a few months now. So, your "tipping point" simply doesn't exist. Some sellers are higher, some lower.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Being able to put 5000 rounds in your cart doesn't really mean much. First, that's not much ammo for a larger supplier and second, the system may not check inventory until checkout.

The tipping point price would be a good theory if ammo prices were fixed by someone, somewhere, but they're not. There is a lot of 9mm ammo out there right now for significantly less than $1.00 per round, so why would they start selling it for $1.00 per round now? OTH, some other sellers have been getting $1.00 per round for a few months now. So, your "tipping point" simply doesn't exist. Some sellers are higher, some lower.
@Pluto57 - didn’t mean to come off as a *****. I do think there are some serious gougers out there and seeing stuff like this pisses me off. Confident that these guys were stock-pilling for a big release and now trying to maximize profits. No intention to flame you.

·
Registered
28,412 Posts
This may not continue to be a problem ... if the new admin and legislative branch power structure decides to copy CA's ban on direct-to-consumer online ammo sales. :p

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Ever wonder if the ammo and firearms manufacturers are the REAL reason?
How better to increase return on investments than to create panic situations to drive up sales and pricing.
Anyone want to bet the REAL reason biden/harris are in the Whitehouse is because the Guns&Ammo businessmen wanted this to be? Come on man who was doing all the "Woe is me" over decreased sales from 2017 to 2019?
Think about it.
No. The arms/military industrial complex is a big lobby, but not for individual consumer sales. It's for military contracts, war, etc. Biden and Harris were put in for much larger lobby and policy strategies than consumer guns and ammo, lol. That's small fries.

·
Señor Member
9,274 Posts
Maybe governments are stocking up too. They might be seeing a need for it now that we have a different government.

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
The shortage started a year ago. What was in the offing then? I noticed at first the popular pistol calibers, then .223 and 7.62X39, and then .22's. I bought 3,000 Blazer .22's in July and haven't seen anything really since then. Oh, an odd box or two, but rare. On line "Out of Stock" is the norm. This has to do with a change in administration how? This was all before the election.

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
The normal daily ammo production in this country is 32 million rounds daily. With increased production and foreign ammo figured in that number could be doubled to 60 million daily. That's enough to give every American gun owner a 50 round box of ammo......EVERY THREE MONTHS!

Or if all 120 million American gun owners decided they wanted to line up at Academy Stores for ammo the lines would be..... MILES LONG. This ammo shortage is supply and demand in action currently we have more demand that can be supplied.

Tough that the prices are high now but we have had several recent years to look at stacks of cheap ammo sitting on the store shelves. Just sayin.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
What is the ratio for gun/ammo sales? Comparing government agencies versus commercial sales?

Democrats love to start wars and send US troops on "Peace Keeping" missions.

' This is what I was thinking too. Just because there aren't many wars, or not really any major ones, doesn't mean governments aren't preparing for such. '

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
What is the ratio for gun/ammo sales? Comparing government agencies versus commercial sales?

Democrats love to start wars and send US troops on "Peace Keeping" missions.

' This is what I was thinking too. Just because there aren't many wars, or not really any major ones, doesn't mean governments aren't preparing for such. '
On the war topic, that's both parties.. Reagan and both Bush's were all about the military-industrial complex, from Iran-Contra to the Iraq Wars and Afgahanistan.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
The shortage started a year ago. What was in the offing then? I noticed at first the popular pistol calibers, then .223 and 7.62X39, and then .22's. I bought 3,000 Blazer .22's in July and haven't seen anything really since then. Oh, an odd box or two, but rare. On line "Out of Stock" is the norm. This has to do with a change in administration how? This was all before the election.
The change in administration had nothing to do with the original shortage, but certainly has something to do with it continuing.

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
The change in administration had nothing to do with the original shortage, but certainly has something to do with it continuing.
Please share. The current administration agreed with the former administration to block ammunition sales? HMMM, curoioser, and curioser.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Please share. The current administration agreed with the former administration to block ammunition sales? HMMM, curoioser, and curioser.
Panic buying may continue knowing a senile, anti gun zealot is in charge.

Has little to do with the admin blocking ammo mfg. Although they could do that via Choke Point since great leader reversed a DJT admin ruling stopping that kind of crap AFAIK.

But you knew that.

·
Registered
28,412 Posts
Panic buying may continue knowing a senile, anti gun zealot is in charge.

Has little to do with the admin blocking ammo mfg. Although they could do that via Choke Point since great leader reversed a DJT admin ruling stopping that kind of crap AFAIK.

But you knew that.
Dude, if someone continually annoys you and causes you indigestion, just put them on Ignore and drive on. :) (This presumes you don't have me on Ignore, and see my post, of course. :LOL: )

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
It's who is buying it all from the manufacturers. Places like cabelas/bass pro buy tons at a time and still sell reasonably. Most small shops buy from the middleman who is the reason ammo is sky high in price. It's the wholesalers who are buying at a cheap price and can control what they sell it for, which caused the 3x-4x price increase. Why else can cabelas still sell cheap and run out in an hour .....

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
It's who is buying it all from the manufacturers. Places like cabelas/bass pro buy tons at a time and still sell reasonably. Most small shops buy from the middleman who is the reason ammo is sky high in price. It's the wholesalers who are buying at a cheap price and can control what they sell it for, which caused the 3x-4x price increase. Why else can cabelas still sell cheap and run out in an hour .....
I think the problem with that model is, many of us aren't super close to a Cabelas type place. Bass pro is 45 minutes from me, and Cabelas one hour. Dick's sporting goods is nearby, but they stopped selling guns and ammo I think at this one. There's Walmart, but I went in twice in the last 2 weeks and there were zero ammo and zero guns. Only BB guns.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
On the war topic, that's both parties.. Reagan and both Bush's were all about the military-industrial complex, from Iran-Contra to the Iraq Wars and Afgahanistan.
Right Reagan invaded Grenada The Bushes shot up Iraq and junior added Afghanistan over the thing some people did in NYC.
Lets start at 1900. The USA had just finished the Spanish - American war. Europe was crumbling and erupted in 1914. Woodrow Wilson, a democrat ran on NO AMERICAN INVOLVMENT in Europe's mess for his second term. We know how that worked, right?
Some say that FDR was deliberately provoking Japan buy embargoing trade with the Empire. Anyway it was both Roosevelt and Truman, both democrats that sent troops to war. WWII and Korea.
Yes Ike did try to help Vietnam after the French lost but compare that to JFK almost starting a nuclear was with the USSR over who and where missiles would be stationed. And let us not forget LBJ's false flag Gulf of Tolkin and escalating the war in Vietnam.
And now for Bill Clinton, who bombed Christians to protect moslems while Yugoslavia was breaking up.
And now Biden is sending US troops to Syria and Yemen.

LOL! you can bring up three Republicans over 120 years. LOL!

121 - 140 of 178 Posts