GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a Bass Pro Shop today out of curiosity and hoping to find some ammo.

Three and 3/4 of their four handgun cases were empty (some revolvers and 22s)

The handgun ammo aisle was almost completely empty. The few boxes in the far end are .17HMR and 22WMR. Absolutely no 9mm, 380, 357, 40S&W, 385, 10mm, 22LR or any handgun caliber. I couldn't get a full pic of the aisle as there was another shelf of shotgun ammo behind me (pretty well stocked). Sales are good I guess.

IMG_3876.jpeg

·
Come on man!!
14,395 Posts
Everyone afraid democrats will steal the election
Don't forget, honest people are legitimately scared of all the Joe Biden voters that comprise the Democrat Militia known as Antifa who are rioting, looting, and threatening to start a "revolution" and "burn down the entire system" if they don't get their way.

·
Registered
30,869 Posts
I think it has more to do with the government overreach that has occurred under the Trump administration. Unprecedented lockdowns and trampling on civil liberties in modern times, for example, all under Trump.

Reactions: doktor doom

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
I think it has more to do with the government overreach that has occurred under the Trump administration. Unprecedented lockdowns and trampling on civil liberties in modern times, for example, all under Trump.
..."under Trump" perhaps, but not because of Trump, rather we can give the opposition credit for just about all that's gone wrong this year.

·
Registered
19,540 Posts
You have our governor (a D) that said during a live interview that he will keep the lockdown and economy suppress at least through the election because he has to do his part to defeat Trump. I don't see Trump suppressing anything. I see Ds happily getting power hungry

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,020 Posts
That has only added to it, the run on ammo & guns started in March with the lockdowns. We have been like Black Friday levels ever since then. We not been restocked with ARs since March.

Don't forget, honest people are legitimately scared of all the Joe Biden voters that comprise the Democrat Militia known as Antifa who are rioting, looting, and threatening to start a "revolution" and "burn down the entire system" if they don't get their way.
This was the 2nd 'wave' (run) on ammo and guns. It started in March with the lockdowns, then the 2nd wave grew it bigger over the summer with the idiots rioting over a junkie felon, and now the 3rd wave has made it bigger with the election scare on top of that.

Wow. You do realize Trump never ordered a lockdown or mask. That was the Democrat governors'/mayor's overreach as they saw the opportunity to act like little dictators.

And who is doing that? Democrat governors and mayors.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The CMP store at camp perry had mag tech 9mm for $253 a case. Not bad for these times.

Reactions: Cambo

·
Matthew 25:31-46
3,541 Posts
As a veteran of several ammo shortage campaigns I have stocked up enough for any short term bad times and there is still plenty of 45 GAP available on line. During WW2 lots of things were rationed but we all managed to survive on the home front by adapting to the new conxitions.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Care to rethink this through again?

·
Registered
6,791 Posts
My Cabela's has been much the same. They did not have the best prices before the shortage, but used to have the best selection in town. Currently, I can find less common calibers like 44 Special, .41 magnum, and 500 S&W magnum. They always have some 22 LR.
I added to my ammo inventory over the past several years. I have been influenced by the discussions on GT. I sold a guy at work some 9 mm and 380 ammo at the old prices and will be tempted to sell some ammo/primers for a profit, if this keeps going.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The rotten dem`s have not helped put anything through to help the country no matter how good the idea it is . If they get power the life we know is over .

·
GTDS
4,517 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
5,543 Posts
Went to a Bass Pro Shop today out of curiosity and hoping to find some ammo.

Three and 3/4 of their four handgun cases were empty (some revolvers and 22s)

The handgun ammo aisle was almost completely empty. The few boxes in the far end are .17HMR and 22WMR. Absolutely no 9mm, 380, 357, 40S&W, 385, 10mm, 22LR or any handgun caliber. I couldn't get a full pic of the aisle as there was another shelf of shotgun ammo behind me (pretty well stocked). Sales are good I guess.

View attachment 837994
..."under Trump" perhaps, but not because of Trump, rather we can give the opposition credit for just about all that's gone wrong this year.
Nothing has changed in the guns and ammo Dept, nor will it unless Trump is re-elected and then very slowly.

Bradley is very correct! Every oppressive action that’s been taken under COVID can be traced back to a Democrat Governor or Mayor.

·
Señor Member
8,699 Posts
Are you trying to tell us you believe Trump is doing the locking-down, or just that he happens to be President while the governors, counties and city councils are doing the locking-down? Should he over-rule them?

·
Matthew 25:31-46
3,541 Posts
State's Rights have precedent here. The feds can only assist the governor if asked in usually.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 44 Posts