GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Me fail English? That's unpossible
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I’m wanting to buy some .223 ammo for my AR, but damn the prices are ridiculous for a case of 500. Not to mention the price for 1,000 rounds.

Do you guys think the prices will come down anytime soon? Was fantasizing about it dropping down once the election is over, but maybe I’m living a pipe dream......

What do you guys think? Wait it out is all I’m gonna do. Not paying close to a dollar a round for .223 right now. Insane. I guess my ARs will sit in the safe for awhile. SMH

·
Shooter
203 Posts
Basic economics. As soon as the demand slows and supply can catch up, prices will fall as fast as they increased.

Buying at those prices is just plain crazy. I couldn't go to the range and shoot $300-$500 worth of ammo and enjoy myself.

Dry firing has become an everyday event for right now. Ammo is reserved for training classes, unfortunately.

·
Quick! Duck!
2,757 Posts
The election could create more demand and shortages along with higher prices if chaos ensues. Or it might not. I'd only buy ammo now if I was out and needed it for defense.

·
Senior Moment
5,874 Posts
Dry firing has become an everyday event for right now. Ammo is reserved for training classes, unfortunately.
I've mentioned before the need for a practice pistol that uses a laser to register the hits on the electronic target, and compressed air to provide the recoil. 500 practice shots would cost some small change.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
You need to check out your local Academy Sports store in Buford, GA. Mine receives ammo on Tuesday and Friday mornings, but will sell out that day. I have bought at least 1500 rounds of 223/556 in the past several weeks there for 7-9.5 cents per round. It is hit or miss as to what they get in on any given ammo day. I have bought mostly Federal and Winchester bulk boxes in 55 grain FMJ and green tip. There is a limit of three boxes or one 200 round box. My store is close, so I just stop by after it opens and do my grocery shopping too.

·
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to check out your local Academy Sports store in Buford, GA. Mine receives ammo on Tuesday and Friday mornings, but will sell out that day. I have bought at least 1500 rounds of 223/556 rounds in the past several weeks there for 7-9.5 cents per round. It is hit or miss as to what they get in on any given ammo day. I have bought mostly Federal and Winchester bulk boxes in 55 grain FMJ and green tip. There is a limit of three boxes or one 200 round box. My store is close, so I just stop by after it opens and do my grocery shopping too.
Will try that! I’m close to Buford. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
I just got back from a trip to Academy Sports and not buying anything. No 9 mm. They had a few dozen boxes of 200 round Winchester 5.56 55 gr FMJ, green tip, 7.62x39 and 7.62x51 at the customer service counter.
In the ammo section I saw 10 mm, 357 Sig, 32 ACP and 22 shorts. I found it odd that the 32 ACP @ $35 a box cost, was considerably more than the 10 and 357 Sig.

·
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just checked Academy. Nothing but shotgun ammo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts