close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ammo order damaged by UPS - Ammo To Go Rocks!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by racer88, Oct 26, 2010.

1. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

OK... now that it's resolved, I can tell my story.

I've been a fairly steady customer of www.AmmunitionToGo.com for the past year, having spent over $2,000 in that time frame. And, I have had excellent service from them.

My most recent order came this way:

Box was crushed... really crushed:
    [​IMG]

Cleared away some peanuts and here's how it looks:
    [​IMG]

Take away the two bags of ammo and I find this. I have not touched the boxes. Notice the loose rounds scattered amongst the peanuts. By the way, the bottom of the box was nearly sprung open. Could have lost some ammo out the bottom of the packing box:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took some boxes out:

[​IMG]

These are some of the loose rounds that had fallen out of the ammo boxes.:
    [​IMG]

(continued in next post)

2. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Even the plastic tray got crushed and cracked:
    [​IMG]

Here's the real kicker! I opened one of the bags of 5.56 ammo and I couldn't find a round that WASN'T dented! No kidding.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was floored upon seeing this. Never had anything like this happen before. I immediately sent these photos to Ammo To Go. And, to my pleasant surprise, they very promptly replied expressing an equal amount of shock. They immediately sent me a whole new shipment and sent UPS to pick up the damaged order. I got the new shipment within a few days and, of course, it was in perfect condition.

So, kudos to Ammunition To Go (www.ammunitiontogo.com)! Outstanding service and stepping up to the plate. I just wanted to give them a proper shout out.

Also, my UPS guy said what probably happened was the box got crushed in the conveyor belt system at one of their centers. Oh well... stuff happens. But, Ammo To Go did the right thing without hesitation. They will continue to get my loyal business. :)

3. pack-indy

pack-indy Emissary

Gald to hear everything worked out. That could have been really bad.

4. Pender1

Pender1

sucks that happened, but always nice to see a distributor make right with no hassle, says a lot about that company

5. DougC

DougC

HOLY CRAP!!!! :wow: UPS sure did a number on that shipment! It's great that Ammunition to Go stepped up and took care of this! Guess I know where my next online ammo purchase will be made from....

6. JoNxMeMpHiS

JoNxMeMpHiS

Good thing the gun hating UPS guy didn't catch lead from dropping your box of ammo repeatedly after running into with his truck, and hand cart, and hitting it a few times with a bat, and......

(Sarcasm people. Don't beat me up for assuming the UPS guy's a gun hater. It's just jokes.)

7. jbh165nc

jbh165nc

Glad to hear ammunitiontogo did such a great job. I too am a frequent customer, and this posting just bolsters my opinion.
    I wonder what UPS' protocol is when they finally notice a a damaged package? Wait to see if the customer says something? They prob cant open it themselves to check for actual content damage...just a guess.

8. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

Surely at least half of that ammo was lost in shipment...:whistling:

9. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

UPS didn't do the packing. You don't want your enclosed items to have sufficient moment to be able to damage each other.

10. tx787

tx787

Nice to see they took care of you, did you purchase the shipping insurance when you placed your order?

11. rhone89

rhone89

UPS wasnt at fault here. That was an extremely poor packing job by ammunition to go. But so long as they made it right without giving you any hassle, its all good.

12. 1faSStchevy

1faSStchevy

I'm pretty sure that's not what the box looked like when it left ATG. Be thankful they didn't pull a FEMA and work on what happened rather than actually fix it.

13. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy Silver Member

UPS really messed that one up!!... ammunitiontogo is a fantastic company! I had a box of HST's come in that were pretty moldy... They sent me a free box, no questions asked!... They stand by their stuff!

14. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

How are people here blaming UPS? If the outside of the box was undamaged, then yes. The whole box is crushed for gods sake.

15. keninnavarre

keninnavarre bulletproof

I dont care how well you pack ammo. Run over it with a forklift and it will crush it. Even in a metal ammo box. That box looks like it was launched to the OP's house with a catapult. Glad to see Ammo to Go took care of you. (wonder if they have a sale on bagged Federal 9mm :supergrin:)

16. stopatrain

stopatrain Lifetime Member

I've had good luck with ammunitiontogo. One of my favorites.

17. GlockFish

GlockFish Floyd

:thumbsup:

They're good people.

18. Glockwork Orange

Glockwork Orange

Not for nothing, BUT...I've done plenty of ordering with ATG in the past and I've always gotten beat up ammo boxes...they don't exactally pack their stuff tight...although it has never been as bad as yours!

19. gunsnhoses

gunsnhoses

Are you kidding? Pretty sure that box wasn't given to UPS looking like that. UPS has a responsibility to get merchandise to people in good condition. If they can't do that then they should find another business.

20. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Oh... I should add that a young woman (can't recall her name) at ATG called me at home to apologize. Just great service. It doesn't really matter how it happened. And, none of my other orders from them have had ANY damage. Not even a wrinkle in a box. This was totally UPS's doing. And, like I said, my UPS guy said it likely got jammed up in the conveyor belt mechanism. He said those mechanisms are like a garbage compactor. And, that would describe the damage pretty well, I think.

ATG took care of it right away. Oh, and to answer one of the questions above, I always get the "insurance" on my ATG orders. Cheap enough to be worth it.