AMMO: Is your stash all 1 brand or several?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by VAisForGlockers, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VAisForGlockers

VAisForGlockers

Just curious to see if you guys stock 1 brand of ammo for you Glocks (same caliber) or if you have a variety of brands?

2. sandshark

sandshark

Several. Lot of various 115 FMJ (UMC, WWB, American Eagle, PMC, Magtech) and a couple cases of Ranger 127 +P+ :whistling: with some PDX1 here and there. I won't shoot Wolf or similar in anything I own.

Funny I was thinking of asking this same thing with the addition of "how much is enough"? With the legislation slated to begin in February here in the PRK - what I thought was enough now seems insufficient.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010

3. Shinesintx

Shinesintx

I dont think the word "enough" should be in the same paragraph as the word "ammo".

4. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

I like to try out lots and lots of different stuff, because testing it out and recording the chrono data for comparison is as much a hobby with me as is blowing away my targets.

5. sandshark

sandshark

True.

I should have said "How much do you need to have laying around to avoid that 3am nervous twitch that makes you want to max out every credit card you own...

6. Shinesintx

Shinesintx

I dont get the twitch, but I am obsessed with buying ammo...it gives me happy pants to buy in bulk.:whistling:

7. Lugi

Lugi

Well......for all my hands guns, I have the same brand ammo, GOLD DOT. Have 38 ,9 and 45's.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  8. ede

ede

i load my own, shoot around 20,000 rounds a year. i have different loads for different games.

9. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

I have some Rem 180gr JHP's for carry and the rest is home made. About 2,700 rounds right now.
    All for either Glock 22 or 23.

10. keninnavarre

keninnavarre bulletproof

I have a mix of different brands for range ammo. Some I bought when it was hard to find, and I just bought what was available at the time. Doesnt matter that much to me, I reload and enjoy making once fired brass...:supergrin:

My defensive ammo is mostly all the same with a few odd boxes of stuff I've tried through the years.

11. Eagle22

Eagle22

YES several brands

12. Bensmiata

Bensmiata

Whatever s cheapest ends up in my stash

13. Hammy129

Hammy129

I've been buying the best I can afford for the least possible cost and try to stay away from the questionable stuff.

14. woggie

woggie

I have various brands and types. A lot just depended on what was available at the time I purchased. I have a mix of cheap plinking ammo and some better HD and match ammo. I figure quantity right now so I will take what I can get!

15. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

In the perfect scenario I'll stock whichever bullet weights/manufacturers that I know thru experience work the best in my particular handguns. In reality though, if 1 of these choices isn't available & I'm getting low on a particular caliber that I just can't do w/out, I'll pick up whatever is available that I think or know will be good to go as Plan B. I've also said 'no' on occasions when I truly needed more of a particular caliber but all they had was junk. For EX: I had a dry spell of 9mm target ammo when all I could find was Monarch, steel cased. That stuff is DIRTY!

16. Bensmiata

Bensmiata

I have Brown Bear, Silver Bear, a ton of S&B when it was on sale for $8/box, some Lawman and one box of hp's in my safe. Honestly for practice it doesn't really matter what you shoot as long as you get proficient with what you're shooting. Probably 2k+ rounds of 9mm, 4K+ rounds of .22 and 300 rounds of 12ga with about 20 slugs/00 buck.

17. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

18. CancerFree

CancerFree

Can I get a brief description of the upcoming legislation?

I thought I was paying attention but I've obviously msssed something. :whistling:

19. AK2AZ

AK2AZ It`s cold here.

Same brand but in 9 different flavors...thx Double Tap. :)

20. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Same load about 2K of 9mm and 500-600 .45 ACP a month.... have approx 2K already loaded and keep a minimum of 4K in reloading components on hand making bulk buys.
    I stash another 500-800 factory back-up round for target and another 300-400 in factory SD ammo for carry. Then 250 to 300 shell of 12 gauge 00 buck and 40-50 slugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.