Ammo Hunt Today

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by knoxville36, Sep 8, 2020.

1. papershoot

papershoot

I just picked up a box of 200 115 grain WWB 9 mm for $50 and three boxes of American Eagle 55 grain .223 FMJ at $70 per 150 round box. My Academy Sports receives ammo on Tuesdays and Fridays, but the big boxes sell out in the morning. My local independent high volume gun shop still has some FMJ .40 for under $20 per 50. Their 9 mm and 45 ACP prices are higher every time I stop by.

2. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

The best part is with all the 9mm drain.. you can still buy several hundred rounds of .40 and 357 sig. The prices are high. But the ammo is available.

If you get up early and know where to shop these is still ammo around.. but the non 5.56 and 9mm calibers are easier to find.

I just bought 600 rounds of 357 sig ammo for a dollar a round but that was because the exact ammo was being discontinued. The HST law enforcement 357 sig ammo MIGHT have been worth the 600 dollars. Hopefully plain old ammo is not yet at that cost. Although I see your links show that it is.

For some new shooters that dont have a lot of experience looking for ammo during this mess.. having the 357 sig or .40 will allow them to buy some range ammo and defensive ammo so they have the ability to take care of business..

I dont know..because I have been at this hobby for decades.. and purchased ammo long ago. Also I reload myself most range ammo.. but is 38 special ammo for your basic 357 mag or 38 special revolver more available ?? And any better prices.

3. Border Bandit 32

Border Bandit 32

Thank god i stocked up on 7mm-08 ammo lol!

4. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

Is there any shortage ?? Or its just three times as expensive ?

5. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

On Friday I came back to Indianapolis from Detroit, and stopped at the Rural King in FT. Wayne Indiana around noon.
    Parked and went in and straight to the guns and ammo section, but I wasn't alone, several gentleman ahead of me making their way along the floor marked path to the ammo shelves.
    A quick look at the ZERO handgun and rifle selections, and it was time to go to the restroom in the back, buy a Faygo Grape soda, and get back on the road.

Sales clerk did say that some ammo was coming in, but when the store opens at 7 AM, ammo vultures arrive, (I cannot blame them) and take it all by 7:15 AM.

6. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

I don't blame the people showing up to get the ammo I blame the stores for putting it all out at once and not letting other customers have a chance to buy. Some of us have a life and job that prevents us from standing in a line at the crack of dawn outside a gun store. This sell it all to a very few approach leaves 95% of their ammo customers frustrated with the store and leaving to go look somewhere else, ask me how I know!

7. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

scummierthandirt has some ammo. Cuz their prices are too high even for desperate buyers!

upload_2020-10-20_0-44-4.png

LMFAO!

Railsplitter likes this.
  8. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

But it has four and a half stars!!!

9. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

10. Rocks

Rocks

SC in a country that's going down the toilet
  11. Railsplitter

Railsplitter

Just one example of how extreme this ammo shortage is, Underwood doesn't have a single round available for sale in a common handgun caliber! Everything from .32 ACP to .44 Magnum is gone I would have never thought that was possible.

12. fg17

fg17

A couple online places let you back order at near normal prices, my estimated delivery for some 9 I ordered is sometime in January.

There are a few places I will never buy from again even when the prices come down due to what they are charging now.