Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a 9mm 115GR bullet have enough "umph" to knock over the pepper poppers and plates at the GSSF events. Or should I consider bumping up to 124GR?

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
The steel targets, especially the poppers, are supposed to be "set" to fall from a low hit with 115 grain 9mm from a G26 (if I recall the rules correctly). At the last Richmond, CA match, they weren't always so set, so the SOs used "ring and paint" to call a hit. This is also approved for use in windy conditions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was at the Norco match this past weekend with my G19 and G34. I hit one of the pepperpoppers a little low in the middle of the popper, but it didn't go down (I have a friend as a witness). I had to take a second shot at the top of the popper.

Otherwise, a 9mm shouldn't be a problem. Just shoot for the top of the poppers.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Originally posted by Gord
Does a 9mm 115GR bullet have enough "umph" to knock over the pepper poppers and plates at the GSSF events. Or should I consider bumping up to 124GR?
All depends on how well the steel is calibrated.

I use to shoot 115 gr Light reloads, but switched to 147 gr loads because I believe it takes the steel down a little better, and the heavier bullets shoot softer in my opinion.

·
Registered
10,101 Posts
If there was one I would ask the GSSF official at the match to have it corrected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts