close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ammo for Glock 26

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JC24, Apr 27, 2007.

1. JC24

JC24

Friends, your advice as to this load would be appreciated.

My current (concealed) carry pistol is a Glock 26 and I am looking for the best defensive ammo, amidst the ones available. The two best I have found have been the Ranger (not the T series) but simply the Ranger +p+ jhp and the STANDARD PRESSURE, not +p, Gold Dot (124 gr.)

How would you compare these? If the +p Gold Dot were available, would it differ?

Thanks.

2. ky_glock26

ky_glock26 Alex Goodman

From the studies I have seen, Corbon +P JHP had the highest stopping power (91%) of all JHPs tested. Time to death on goats in European tests was 8.92 seconds, right up there with the best.

3. snow4brains

snow4brains

I trust Ranger 127gr +p+ SXT's and 115gr +p DPX when I can get my hands on it.

@ $20 +/- per box of 50, the Ranger is a real bargain.

4. petedalaw

petedalaw Idiot Savant

you can get the gold dot +p at mirage technologies for under $20/50. or you can get the buffalo bore equivalent. Also, I've seen the new 9mm HST from federal in +p on dealer shelves. looks to be a real good defensive round.

5. Cousin

Cousin Gambel's Quail

Several articles that I researched over the past year rate Federal Premium #P9HS1 124gr. Hydra-Shok JHP's as being among the very best. I use them and now I also use Cor-Bon's innovative 100gr. PowrBall 9mm +P without any problems.

Here's a link to the PowrBall ammo:

http://www.dakotaammo.net/products/glaser/powrball.htm

Here's a review by Jeff Quinn on the PowrBall ammo:

http://www.gunblast.com/PowRBall.htm

I originally purchased the PowrBall ammo for my Kahr PM9 and it worked very well with zero FTF's and zero FTE's.

6. David9966

David9966 Bumpstick

I'm a fan of the Strausberg tests too, even though I love animals,My least favorite animal is the goat.If I ever conduct terminal ballistics test on live media, the goat would be my choice do to its cross section and bone density. Obese goats and possibly pigs would also be included in my test to represent larger subjects and subjects with an attitude.Dave

7. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

No fancy tests...but the factory Speer 124gr. GDHP standard or +P is very hot quality ammo. Uber accurate and reliable.

8. Dean

Dean

A G26 with 124Gr GoldDots is good protection.
    Put Crimson Trace laser grips on it, and you're about as good as it gets for a little bitty compact work gun like that.
    Carry a spare G17 magazine.
    Then get yourself a good can of very hot pepper spray and an Emerson knife. That's good protection.

9. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Philippians 4: 6-7

I use Speer God Dots 124 gr GDHP in my 26 and 19 for carry. Once in a while 147 gr. I have never had a problem

10. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

The WWB 147gr. HP's at Wally World are still very affordable and I've never encountered any problems with them either.