Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I will be attending my first GSSF in August. Correct me if I am wrong...
Do need to wear my Glock in a holster?
Can I bring my Glock to the bench in my glock box?
I can shoot PMC (Korean) ammo (non sammi)? (most accurate so far)

What can you advise me to do, or not do?

Should I just go on a Sunday of a Sat/Sun match. Is that advisable? I can go all day Sunday! Saturday is school for the boy, not so good

I will be shooting a G17 out of the box, Amature of course. I've put about 750 rounds of practice in with my practice ammo.

What do I need to know, besides RTFM? What else do I need to Read in the F*&^ manual again?

Thanks in advance.

Roger

·
Registered
117 Posts
No, you do not have to have a holster. Your Glock box is fine, or other suitable case.

If your ammo is factory and reliable, go for it. (Reloaded ammo is allowed, but that's a different discussion).

You only need to be there one day. I would suggest getting there early, registration usually opens at 0830. Pre-register if you can, that will save time waiting in line. Get there early, follow the signs to the registration area, fill out the paperwork (even if you pre-register, you'll need to fill out a waiver). Get your stickers from registration and proceed to the range.

Don't handle your gun except under the direction of the RO. Follow their directions, and most of all, have a good time. The Glock Report really contains everything you need to know to have a safe and enjoyable experience (RTFM again).

·
RetiredDinosaur
11,582 Posts
If you haven't seen the new shooter brief, click here--> http://gssfonline.com/regforms/new_comp_brief.pdf

Bring at least 107 rounds of ammo per match, eye and ear protection, and for best results, at least four magazines...that way you won't have to load a magazine while on the firing line...and make others wait while you do it.

:patriot:

·
Premium Member
1,105 Posts
Butch is right, there is a section concerning new shooters in GSSF. Also, on gssfonline.com, go under "HOT TOPICS" at the top and there is a whole section on what to expect for a first match. A G17 is my favorite gun, and at the match for ammo, I use only the 115 gr. and it works, if that was your question, also. Good luck and enjoy, that's what it's all about, friendship, and enjoying the match. Oh yes, some shooting, too!

·
Registered
930 Posts
You may wish to shoot a second catagory, perhaps competition, just to have more fun. Don't worry if you don't have 4 magazines but it is handy if you do. Even 3 is nice. I get so excited it is hard to load a magazine at the line. Sometimes the r.o.s will help you load the magazine if you have to reload on the line. Remember to follow the safety rules especially.
MLM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks eveyone!
I am going to RTFM again and again and read the website a couple of time more.
I really don't want to be "that guy."

I have two old 17 round mags, can I load them to 11?
I also have two new CA PC 10 round mags, can I use these and still compete?

BTW, I tend to shoot to the upper left at 25 yards, out of 200 round, I shoot about 40 up there. I've heard that is common, what do you suggest?

Thanks,

Roger

·
Registered
930 Posts
Thanks eveyone!

I have two old 17 round mags, can I load them to 11?
I also have two new CA PC 10 round mags, can I use these and still compete?

Thanks,

Roger
Roger,
You can start each stage with 11 rds in the gun but no more so if you load those mags to 11, you will need to clear your weapon after each string. I suggest you load one with 11, mark it with a paster or something, then load the others with 10. Start with your 11, then for the next strings, load your 10rd mag plus you will have one already in the chamber giving you 11. Does that make sense? If you fire 12 rounds, somehow, you will get penalized.
Have fun!
MLM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts