Glock Talk banner

Ammo and Walmart Deliveries

2737 Views 21 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  MO Fugga
If you Youtube Walmart Night Grabs you'll see people who hang around Walmart late at night and when the delivery pallets get placed they run out to them, grab a case of the 22lr and high tail it to the front registers. The people pull out a box from the case, tell the front register clueless clerk "There's 20 of these in here (the case)". The clerk scans the brick of 22 and enters qty 20 into the register. Then the camera cuts to the guys in their cars showing the receipt.

I want to be one of these "Aholes" because I haven't got to buy any 22 in three years. This is getting ridiculous. What time do the Walmart trucks come in? I'm going camping there.
Reactions: FLAHOTROD
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Banned
6,834 Posts
Glock doesn't make a .22LR pistol. This does not seem to be the apprpriate forum for your observation.

Reactions: snuffy33

· Registered
192 Posts

· I'm not retired
8,500 Posts
Ammo isn't supposed to be going out on pallets. What store # is it? I'm sure the manager would like to know that is happening in his/her store.

· I'm not retired
8,500 Posts
Our Wal-Marts will only sell ammo from the gun counter and only certain employees are allowed to sell it.
Yep...it doesn't go out on the sales floor on pallets. It is supposed to be broken down (the pallet) in the back room and taken directly to the ammo case. If there are WM's with no ammo cases and it's there for the taking, it's a new one on me.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,028 Posts
Yep...it doesn't go out on the sales floor on pallets. It is supposed to be broken down (the pallet) and taken directly to the ammo case. If there are WM's with no ammo cases and it's there for the taking, it's a new one on me.
Sorry, gave up on 22's 20 years ago, what I see at the ranges is alot of debris in spent casings littering the ground.

· Registered
59,814 Posts
The Walmarts here also limit the sale to sporting goods counter employees.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Walmarts here also limit the sale to sporting goods counter employees.

If you check out this guys Youtube channel he has all kinds of videos where he scores these 22lr cases. He doesn't buy them at the sporting goods counter where the clerk knows whats up. He takes them off the pallet and goes to the front of the store. There's no lockout in the walmart computer systems that stop a purchase of more than 3 boxes of ammo.

Maybe employees are not supposed to bring ammo out on pallets. How tight of a ship do you think Walmart runs with the average american idiot working there? How many of them can even recite Walmarts work policies? cmon

· Registered
59,814 Posts
I am not doubting he is doing it. I do wonder how wide spread it is.

· Registered
992 Posts
I use .22 in my AA Conversion and my 10/22 rifle.

Golden Bullets are the "bottom of the barrel" rounds that will function in my AA kit.

All the Walmarts I frequent have a 3 box limit still imposed on JUST .22's. Everything else is "buy one, buy them all" status.

It's a tough find these days. I have not personally seen bulk .22's on the shelf in a couple of years. WOW

· Registered
10,527 Posts
My local walmart doesn't allow ammo sales after 10, which is probably when the normal people go home, and the manager is too lazy to open the case, so no late night ammo grabs for me. I think the ammo is stocked at random times, I've seen a guy with a cart of ammo stocking the case in the middle of the afternoon before. I've never seen anyone bring ammo out by the pallet.

· Registered
9,526 Posts
I don't know where these Walmarts are that carry all this ammo? The Walmarts in my area are the last places that have ammo unless you want plain Jane 30-30 rounds or some kind of fmj handgun ammo!

· Banned
45,550 Posts
Man, I made a lot of friggin' money on .22s a few years ago. Some of you people would have tried to lynch me. I was selling bricks for $150 all day long, for months.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts