·
Mentally Frozen
28,364 Posts
Surely the underage drinking with a hundred people was a seperate
story to the Amish??

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm more concerned about the Amish buggies without slow moving vehicle signs. All black in dim light is tough to see.
I have to give 'em credit for being tough though. A couple of weeks ago I was doing a freedom drive through a small town, it's snowing/sleeting with the wind blowing and just overall nasty conditions, and there's a guy in his open buggy headed into town. I felt like a complete wimp with the climate control set to 72F and the seat heat on.

·
Premium Member
26,236 Posts
The SMV, reflectors is also my pet peeve. IMO if EVERYONE has a reflective SMV on back. “Nobody is decorating there buggy to be better then others”.
Of course imo they should have lights. (Even bike type generator on buggy wheels to power them). Each group different restrictions but most refuse SMV sign.
I do wonder some Mennonite communities. Houses in one area, common eating area, huge kitchen, storeroom... dairy, hog, chicken operation everyone works in...
Interaction every day.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
The Amish do not interact with the rest of the community, if they want to have a party then so be it.
Of course they do. I grew up adjacent to one of the largest if not the largest Amish community in Ohio. Amish routinely used grocery stores, doctors, hospitals, attended auctions, and worked in the community, primarily in construction and in their own stores. They live differently, but most assuredly interact with the community. They just pick and choose what laws and societal conventions to follow.

·
NRA Life Member
29,325 Posts
I gotta ask a silly dam question. If they can't abide an internal combustion engine on cars, how can they live with one on their boats ?

:headscratch:

amish.jpg

:D

·
Registered
16,190 Posts

·
NRA Benefactor
7,440 Posts
"If they can't abide an internal combustion engine on cars, how can they live with one on their boats ?"

The boat is stolen. He's making a quick getaway.

·
Super Moderator
18,751 Posts
Anyone else laugh at the picture of drunken Amish running from the cops? :animlol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts