ameriglo

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by ohiostate, Feb 8, 2013.

1. ohiostate

ohiostate

going to order a new set of sights mon. going with ameriglo. the i dot are 69.95 . the i- dot pro are 85.95.. are the pros worth the extra 16$?? thanks michael

2. Paul53

Paul53 You local friendly Skynet dealer

Bought idots, took one look at them, sent them right back. Bought idot pro's, love them. 60 year old eyes needed the extras of the pro version.

3. Paul53

ps: customer service at Ameriglo treated me like I was family.

4. ohiostate

ohiostate

paul53 are the dots on the i-dots smaller than the i-dot pro??? what color did you get?? the i-dot pro looks a little better.. GL202 looks like a good sight

5. 1smoothredneck

1smoothredneck

I have I-Dot Pros, and really like 'em. I have the green front. They give the benefits of the XS Big Dots without the negatives, imho. Be safe

6. Paul53

The dots on the standard idots were too small for me. I wasn't really looking for night sights. The idot pro has a big honking orange circle around the tritium dot. Easy to make out, the tritium night sight feature was a nice extra. They were also cheaper than some other sights I considered, like speed sights and hex sights.

I got the green tritium, with orange outline on the front sight. I think they offer a yellow outline too. In other threads I heard that the yellow tritium were dimmer than the green.

For me, the idot idea works great. Muscle problems and old eyes made using the Glock stock, or 3 dot sights a PITA. Now dot over dot and I know where my round will hit. Using a gen 4 G19.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  7. sugarcreek

sugarcreek familyman

I love the orange outline.

8. ohiostate

ohiostate

got the tru glow brite site. local dealer had them. going to go shooting this week end and see how they work WORM

9. JohnnyTactical305

JohnnyTactical305