Ameriglo or Meprolight or Glock OEM Night Sights?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers/Lights' started by Aslan, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Aslan

Aslan Aslan

Is there really a significant difference between these?? And, if so, which ones do you favor?

Thanks!

2. Superzuki

Superzuki

I just bought a G30 - Gen 3 with faded (or dead) Glock night sights, It's an older pistol w/o the molded-in rail.
    I'm replacing these faded sights with TruGlo TFO sights. The fiber optic part really lights up in the sun and they glow well at night.
    I have green front and yellow rear on 2 pistols and green/green on 2 others,
    If I had to pick from just those 3, I'd go for the Glock Sights.

Aslan likes this.

3. pag23

pag23 NRA Life Member

Ameriglo front orange ringed front night sight... glock rear night sights... Affordable and practical.

wario and Aslan like this.
  4. ltj9296

ltj9296

Of those choices, I like the Ameriglo. They have a great website with many different styles. The I Dot is good if you like front and rear night sights, but I like the Hackathorn with the wide notch blacked out rear.

Aslan likes this.
  5. mustangman40

mustangman40

IMG_20160517_110645_001~2.jpg I like the Ameriglo Pro I-Dots in orange.
    Easy to pick up the orange up front in daylight, and just stack the two glowing dots on top of each other in low light.
    I find these quicker and easier to shoot than the typical three dots in a row. YMMV.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Aslan likes this.
  6. ltj9296

ltj9296

Mustangman40, I agree. I like the I-Dots much better than the typical 3- dot set-up. I also like their Hackathorn sight.

Aslan likes this.
  7. curlysir

curlysir

I just installed a set of Ameriglo Classic and they are in my opinion much better then the Glock or Meprolight. I bought a couple sets of the Glock Night sights a few months ago and they appear to be very similar to the Meprolight. I have all three installed on my Glocks so I have a direct comparison. I needed a new set for Gen 2 G17 I recently purchased and was not happy with the Glock or Meprolight so I thought I would give the Ameriglo a shot and I am glad I did. The white outline is much brighter then the other 2. In the dark they are similar but I wanted something brighter then the Glock or Meprolight in the day. I like them well enough that I just ordered another set today after I installed and compared them to the other 2 brands.

The Ameriglo are very similar to Trijicon but less expensive.

Aslan likes this.
  8. Konko

Konko

Just installed True Glo TFX PRO to my Glock 32 Gen 4..real difference now...not only look nice, but quite practical too..I bought the lil press from e Bay, did the installation and to my surprise, all went flawless and no disasters....saved money doing it myself..local thieves..oops, I mean, gun stores, wanted $65.00 for doing it...

9. ltj9296

ltj9296

Wow, $65 is a lot of money to install sights. Good decision on doing it yourself.

Konko likes this.
  10. JLla84

JLla84

Im up in the air on deciding which sites to replace the white glock sights with...

Intrigued by the TFO's.... Ameriglos look nice, Trijicon seems overpriced...

11. curlysir

curlysir

I would go TFX instead of TFO, the TFX is an "upgraded" version of the TFO and are supposed to be more durable, I have both and the TFX are worth the difference in cost to me.

I just purchased 2 sets of Ameriglo's and to me they look almost identical to the the Trijicons at a much lower price.

12. JLla84

JLla84

What about factory glock night sights?

13. curlysir

curlysir

See post # 7

14. wario

wario Glock Lover...

I love my Ameriglo. All my glocks are kitted with them. Same sight picture across all my guns. :)

15. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

It's really hard to beat the value of the Glock factory night sights. They perform and are half the price of some others. What's not to like?