close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Ameriglo Night Sights - Smooth Slope $59.95

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by samualt, Nov 27, 2002.

1. samualt

samualt

Ameriglo Night Sights - Smooth Slope $59.95 and you can install yourself. Windage (side to side) adjustable. All tools needed come with it.
    Shipping & Handling was a whopping $9 and was their cheapest rate. For that much the CEO should have chartered a jet and delivered them to me in person!
    The price was still cheaper than anywhere else I found even with the big shipping charge.
    I also picked up some cheap Pachmyer slip-on grips for my Glock for 6.95 which is about average price. My total was $75.90. Not too bad.

Here is the Link: Kiesler's

Keep your stick on the ice!

2. samualt

samualt

Addendum:
    I tried to get a Tracking number from them but they said none was available and that they sent it today....5 days after placing the order!
    I have to wonder why they charge $9 shipping and handling when they are so slow and inefficient at it. If you order from them don't expect a fast delivery. Its still cheap, just Slooooooooooooow!
    ;b

3. samualt

samualt

Got an automatic message from them today with a Tracking number. Hmmm...their email reply from customer service said they didn't do that!
    And the automatic message said it was shipped on the 3rd, not the 2nd like their email said from customer service. Grrrr.

On the upside, it said it was shipped from the same city I live in. So in the end I will recieve it only one week from when I ordererd it! (Pretty fast for mail-order!) To bad it took them 6 days to process the order.

4. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Sorry to hear about your bad luck about dealing with Kieslers. I know in the past I've ordered a few things from them and had great experiences. I know when I order online from them its about one week to the day, that I get my order from them. I feel thats pretty fast service. As far as shipping rates, I've seen much worse.

Anyways, let me know what you think of your new Ameriglo night sights. I've heard a lot of great things about them and thinking about getting a set myself. Have a few Glocks here but debating whether I wanna put Ameriglo or Meps on them. I don't have a sight pusher yet but if its what I decide to go with I'll buy one.

Thanks in advance for the information and best of luck to ya. ;I

5. samualt

samualt

Got'Em:
    Ameriglo Smooth Slope Night Sights. I got them today! One week after ordering. That is pretty fast I have to admit. Their customer service people need a little more info given to them but beyond that I am very happy with Kiesler.

Brightness:
    The Ameriglo night sights are just as advertised. They glow pretty bright. I could easily see them in a darkened room. In fact, in the dark they are very bright and in a dusk condition they are bright. They didn't seem to "light-up" my gun which was a concern (having never owned night sights). They just give you some nice small dot sights to go by in the dark. Very nice!

Installation:
    Installation wasn't too bad. The old cheap plastic sights on my Glock came off pretty easily. The old rear plastic sight got kinda mangled cause it was pretty soft cheapo plastic. The old front sight just popped off like the instructions said it would.
    Installing the new Amerglo's was super easy. A small flat screw holds the front sight from underneath the slide. The rears tighten with an allen wrench (easy to adjust windage - side-to-side). It took all of 15 minutes. It was all a breeze! And, no gunsmith needed!

Design:
    The smooth slope design means it lays low and doesn't interfere with holsters and the like. And, they don't distract from the "look" of the gun either. I could easily make out the three dots even in bright light because they have a nice white ring around each glowing tube. The rear Ameriglo sight seems to have a very slight space between the bulk of its body and the slide. You can barely make out just a crack of light underneath it. This is because the body sits on the "mount" which you tighten. But like I said, it sits so low you can't notice it. The front site seems to meld to the gun firmly. Both are rock solid and won't come off unless you purposely loosen them. And darnit, they just look good!

Price:
    Well, I have only seen a few sets of night sights. The ones I saw were more expensive, had to be installed by a gunsmith, and still didn't have elevation adjustment. If you want elevation adjustment then it will cost you big. About $125 or more depending on brand. The Ameriglo's are least adjustable for windage (side to side) and some other brands don't even do that without a special expensive tool.
    The Ameriglos are plenty bright, can be installed and adjusted by you, and are cheap (my favorite price).
    Unless your going to buy some with elevation adjustment I don't know why you would shell out the extra bucks for nothing.

Well, what more could I say. I highly reccommend the Ameriglo sights and the Keisler store. Order them, and just let it go for a week. You'll be presently suprised!

P.S. The cheapie Pachmyer slip-on rubber grip was nice also. Took longer to get that on then the Ameriglos! But, I love the rubber non-slip texture with finger grooves that gives you a good solid grip on the gun. Hey, for 6.95 its great.

Cheers! ;a

6. Glockster_James

7. Glockster_James

Thanks for the update on the sights. Probably next pay day I'll be ordering the Ameriglo slope night sights and the Pachmyer grips too for both Glock 19s I got. So looks like my 870 project gets put on hold for a while but thats alright. More likely to use the 19s than the 870. Thanks again for the info and glad Kiesler's didn't do ya wrong. Looked at an old order I placed with them for 1,000 rounds of ammo, $13 for shipping and they tossed in a free water tight (imitation Pelican brand) plastic box, the kind that ya can beat up and seem to still be perfect. Anyways, take care and have fun shooting. Oh yeah, did you end up using loctite on either front and/or rear base? ;I