close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ameriglo Defoor sights

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Mr.Niceguy, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Mr.Niceguy

Mr.Niceguy

Looking for input on the Ameriglo Defoor sights. I'm considering changing out the stock sights on my 26 with something metal and simple. Thanks

2. dkf

dkf

All black front and rear sights are going to be hard to see, at least they are for me and I'm not an old fart yet. I'd pick a plain black steel rear and maybe one of Ameriglos lumidot, glowing strip, painted dot or fiber optic front sights. The bright front and black rear will be easier to focus on and still cost less than a set of night sights.

3. myglockisa23

myglockisa23

Ameriglo Defoor's worked great on my FDE G19.... I liked them enough to order them for my G30S..... Good sight picture... I've owned Heine, Warren and fiber optics... hard to beat Defoor's so I use them for GSSF/daily carry....

4. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Consider that most people practice in a COVERED range that is really not ideal for daytime shooting. That said, outdoors with no overhead cover and with sunlight, black on black is fantastic.

5. Gregh181

Gregh181

I just bought a pair and will post an update on them once I try em out. I have tried these type of sights before with my dads Rock Island 1911

6. sasage

sasage

They only cost $30 so I'm tempted. IF they suck, I'm only out 30

7. Alcoy

Alcoy

A local guy loves it for his daily carry.

8. Major Mark

Major Mark

I have the Defoors on my 17,19,and 34 and I may end up with them on my G-23 and G-41(all Gen4's). My 17 is my main GSSF gun. In that arena they work terrific. I have absolutely no problem picking them up on plates or paper when shooting outside. I briefly tried a fiber optic (red) front and plain black rear on my other G-17 in GSSF and my results were not satisfactory. I've also used my Defoor equipped G-34 at some Police "Bullseye" Matches where black silhouette targets were used and the Defoors were still quite sharp against the black target background. Not to mention, they shoot to point of aim at 25 yards when using my 147 grain JHP handloads.