GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Great that you like them.

I prefer the Trij HD with orange front. Can see in dim ambient light, bright sun or dark.

Also prefer Trij HD three dot and U rear.

Each has to find what works best for them.

I advise check out different sights before buying.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Logged on to the Ameriglo website. Can't find any product called "Bolds". Looked at their catalog. Can't find any product called "Bolds". Are you talking specific product line or just a generic statement that Ameriglo are brighter?

·
King Doofus.
5,733 Posts
Meh... One man's etc,etc,etc.
I tried night sights for a while, not a fan. If I can't see my front sight, It's near impossible to ID my target. With a house full of kids.....
.Blacked out rear, fiber front for me. Now If someone would come up with something better than fiber in low light (not dark) I might be interested.

·
Premium Member
3,612 Posts
Logged on to the Ameriglo website. Can't find any product called "Bolds". Looked at their catalog. Can't find any product called "Bolds". Are you talking specific product line or just a generic statement that Ameriglo are brighter?
I spoke to Ameriglo about that, and they said the Bolds were Glock’s house brand. They said they make the Bolds exclusively for Glock and that you could buy Glocks new equipped with Bolds or separately through Glock or perhaps a major authorized Glock retailer.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I spoke to Ameriglo about that, and they said the Bolds were Glock’s house brand. They said they make the Bolds exclusively for Glock and that you could buy Glocks new equipped with Bolds or separately through Glock or perhaps a major authorized Glock retailer.
OK thanks. I always find the categorization of the sights by Ameriglo confusing. Now it just got a little more confusing. I doubt, however, that these "bold" sights are any brighter (either the tritium or the paint) than their other products, which is what I was originally thinking the OP was inferring. So no need to change anything on my current inventory of toys.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Checkout Night Fission ( They make Glow in the dark Compasses for the US Army)
I am interested in their ACCUR8 sights.

·
NRA Life Member
64,310 Posts
Meh... One man's etc,etc,etc.
I tried night sights for a while, not a fan. If I can't see my front sight, It's near impossible to ID my target. With a house full of kids.....
.Blacked out rear, fiber front for me. Now If someone would come up with something better than fiber in low light (not dark) I might be interested.
That's why I like the TruGlo TFO sights. Bright fiber optic in the daytime, because my eyes don't focus on my front sight very well anymore, the the tritium lights up the same fiber optic at night.

·
Premium Member
3,612 Posts
OK thanks. I always find the categorization of the sights by Ameriglo confusing. Now it just got a little more confusing. I doubt, however, that these "bold" sights are any brighter (either the tritium or the paint) than their other products, which is what I was originally thinking the OP was inferring. So no need to change anything on my current inventory of toys.
They aren’t brighter per se, but I much prefer the Bolds to my Trijicon HDs. I have Glocks with both Bolds and HDs, and my biggest gripe with HDs is the sharp edges on the rear sight. I carry concealed in an IWB, and HDs rub against my side causing irritation, and have actually cut holes in my shirts. The Bolds have a smooth rear sight edge, and that alone make them better for me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Those of you that have gen 5 guns with the Ameriglo Bolds, is poi at the top of the front sight or the center of the dot? I have a set of Ameriglo Agent sights on my 43 and their poi is top of front sight, my preference.
Yep, just align the top edges and think of it as "cutting" your target!

Their are 3 different sight heights to accommodate different models/Gens,
(.200, .180, and .165 aka OEM if you want to pair the 165 with a pair of OEM rears).

Love em!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I've bought 3 Glocks this year with the Ameriglo Bolds already installed. I do really like them. I also had an APX that had almost the same Ameriglo sights.

Hi ShipWreck, where did you find the Glocks with Ameriglo night sights already installed?

I have been looking everywhere for a G19 Gen 5 that comes with night sights, but I can't find it for sale!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
If you buy a G19 with the standard plastic sights, is it hard to remove the plastic sights and install night sights? Do you need any special tools to do this?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
If you buy a G19 with the standard plastic sights, is it hard to remove the plastic sights and install night sights? Do you need any special tools to do this?
The plastic OEM sights are very easy to remove. You use a 3/16" nut driver for the front, although some people use needle nose pliers, and a hammer and punch for the rear. I was able to install the Ameriglo rears on my 43X's pretty easily with a hammer and delrin punch. I didn't need to remove any material from the sights.

I use this nut driver.

https://www.amazon.com/Wiha-26576-D...CVKR5VHACQ2&psc=1&refRID=WT20MBA2KCVKR5VHACQ2

·
Florist
19,922 Posts
G19 w: Glock NS AmeriGlo front.jpg

Here's my EDC G19 with an AmeriGlo HD front sight and Glock rear NS. My G26 has the same treatment. My other G19 has the AmeriGlo iDot which (I'm sure you all know) has the HD front sight.

Reactions: Buckshot Barry

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
All of my Glock pistols have Ameriglo Hackathorn sights-same front as you like but a serrated black rear. I prefer just one glowing dot in the dark but that’s just me. Ameriglo makes the best sights for the money as far as I’m concerned.
Your right about that,

Especially for the price, and the different variations/series that they have out!

After looking at my AmeriGlo's, I often pick up my PX4 that had Trijicon 3 dot standards on it and they are only a few months old, but the front dot appears half the size of the rears and like the head of a pin (a fine tip pin, not a uni-ball, lol).

It really sucks, being the Trijicon has either a smaller front sight, or it's the exact same and the distance on a full size slide makes the front dot look half the size of the already "Smaller than AmeriGlo" rears.

Yet, AmeriGlo does the opposite, and not only compensates for the distance, but the center (front) dot is larger, even in total darkness.

Hands down, if they made one for Beretta, I would ditch the Trijicons in a heartbeat!

I think the cakey white paint on the side of the front vial may be preventing it from shining better. Its more dim and smaller than any Trijicon lamp I've ever seen. Smh.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
View attachment 869394

Here's my EDC G19 with an AmeriGlo HD front sight and Glock rear NS. My G26 has the same treatment. My other G19 has the AmeriGlo iDot which (I'm sure you all know) has the HD front sight.
For that setup to work, you ordered the .165 front post, correct?

I've thought of doing the same thing with some OEM rears and adding a OEM spec (.165) AmeriGlo front post. It would work wonders!

My issue with non AmeriGlo OEM is, with the ones I got a couple months ago before trying out AmeriGlo and being sold for life on those, that during the day in sunlight, I absolutely cannot see the white dots whatsoever!

All I can see is 2 reflective clear epoxy squares on both sides which look like someone took a hot glue gun to the rears.

They even have a humped look where the epoxy is uneven and and it stands outward from the steel, and looks as if they globbed it onto both sides and forgot to sand it down... (No joke)

Seriously, not sure if my pair is bad, or if all are like this!!!???

The epoxy crap even kind of jumps outward, rather than being flat/flush with the steel.

I overpaid for them, and still do not even want to use them, I keep putting off installing as I prefer to get another set of Bolds!

Extremely disappointed in the OEMs, but if coupled with a .165 front like yours, I may rock with it being in low lighting, I'm sure it would look pretty cool.

Also, are the vials encased 1/8th" deep to conceal the glow for military?

You can see AmeriGlo's even at a sharp angle, but you have to be looking directly at the OEMs to see the tritium, and the white inside is closer to a silver ish white, for reflective purposes I assume, yet the clear glue type epoxy ruins that during the day... I can't stress enough how disappointed I am in those, assuming Mepro still makes them.

Also, the front ones you have are called "HD" and by AmeriGlo? Like Trijicon HD?

41 - 60 of 62 Posts