AmeriGlo "Bolds" for the win, hands down best for Glock!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by nighttrainNC, Oct 26, 2020.

1. nighttrainNC

nighttrainNC

**No disrespect intended to ANY other companies, but calling it how I (and almost everyone) see it!**
    (Bolded Parts are the Main Topics if you are not a long winded reader)

I was on a recent quest for night sights for several setups, I was dead set on Trijicons and didn't want to hear anything about any other brands, I saw it as "the best" due to the price point and I was dead set.

I FIRST got a pair of:
    - Trijicon "Bright & Toughs" (3 white dot system)
    - Trijicon HDs.
    - Glock (OLD/Original) OEM

Anyone that mentioned AmeriGlo, I ignored and thought the advantage was due to the price point...

Boy... was I wrong about doubting AmeriGlo!

A guy who I had been speaking with had owned them all, and kept mentioning how he had been swapping everything out for some type of AmeriGlo.

After finding out Glock was setting them and outfitting *Special Edition* Gen 5s with them, I got a pair of "Bolds" (and now for several Glocks). I immediately sold my unopened HDs before even trying them out!

After looking down a g23 outfitted with the BOLDS, I made my choice immediately.

The others are not bad, but the OEM has the vials nearly 1/8" deep with white and silver inside to make them illuminate and give an "Orb affect*

The Trijicon is good, but the front sight feels too small in size, the white paint sometimes glares/doubles (if my glasses aren't on) and I've heard that many solvents can strip the white paint from them.

While others companies offer either "Option A", OR, "Option A and B"

AmeriGlo* is currently
    working on the "Option Alphabet"!

Onto the Ameriglo Bold: (Spec options first, then the Pro's and Con's below that)

They have a (non sharp) .276 rear with a nice non-reflective coating, and a slightly deep set "Square Notch" opposed to the HD "U" notch.
    A .180 front for the most common Glock's, a .200 for the G20 and others in it's class.

Here is the kicker: they even offer a .165" Front Sight for some models, and as you may know, that height matches OEM Rears and a good way for you guys with OEM plastic, or Night Sight rears to buy a better front post to optimize an OEM 3 dot system!!!

They just have the edge in so many aspects; so let's get to the Pro's & Cons:

- First of all, Glock has contracted them to make these for their Gen 5 Glocks (and sold sepera, as they see the huge upgrade from the old setup!

- The Dots!!!! Those bright ass crisp dots...
    They are a crisp dots that are bright as hell in the dark with absolutely no blur!

They are on another level!!!

Not eye hurting bright, they are crisp/non blurry bright and due to not having white reflective paint around the tritium (or "inside" like the rears, if original OEM) they are like green crisp beams that stand at attention! Standing right at the edge of that rear and letting themselves be known!

You won't have a hard time finding them!
    Even during the day, all 3 show dots are visible, as the rears are not muted, just more low key than traditional. The rear 2 dots are pronounced enough for those who like a 3 dot system.

- The front tritium dot is larger and brighter, helping fast aqusition at night aswell, unlike most others!

(Really helps seeing the front dot even when the Glock is lying at an angle, and knowing, even at night, which dot is the front just due to its size and brightness!
    And during the day, the orange ring makes it VERY pronounced.

- The deeper "Square Notch" in the rear and Orange (or yellow) circled Tritium Vial makes finding and aligning the dot about half, or 1/3rd of the time.</b>

-I love the anti-glare coating and geometry, being Ameri-glo's in general have a smooth finish that doesn't not have bare metal on the edges like Trijicon. Doesn't seem terrible, but can really cause a glare/doubling effect of the top edge in the sunlight, especially if your eyes have any issues.

- Diversity and Variety!!!

-Also, one thing that doesn't do unnoticed...The sheer Amount of offerings and different lines to suit your needs!</b>
    some that have only small differences, but fine tuned differences to find the perfect setup for your handgun!!!

**CONS**

I can't find any!!!!!!!

The only Con was me making my original mistake and thinking non white painted rear dots are a deal breaker at all! True upgrade.

In summary:

- These guy have like 5 or 6 or so product lines that I hear only positivity about. Other AmeriGlo offerings for Glock and many other makes and models aswell</b>, and whichever one a consumer seems to buy first, they become set on Upgrading their Night Sights to whichever "AmeriGlo" offering they bought!

-The product is a winner, even for the sceptical ones who are have the extra funds but don't like change..... GO FOR IT!

While the white 3 dot system is one many are used to (myself also, comparing and choosing all at the same time), these 2 have a visible opening that works the same, and its square notch fills the gap of those who want the front upgrade but were not fans of the HD's reported "Razor sharp rear edge" when using as a carry weapon or charging it.

This is the one!

Just make sure to choose the generation that your Glock is when ordering them, as it will come with the proper height, as AmeriGlo has every generation/model set with the proper front height.

In my final words, all I can say is, Go for it, and Good luck finding them as they are a Hit!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  2. okiegtrider

okiegtrider

This glowing review rates a couple photos.

Kennydale, Joshhtn, jr24 and 5 others like this.

3. mongo356

mongo356

Agreement here.
    I have switched all of my Glocks to Bolds.
    I like i can make height adjustments with the front sight and not have to worry about getting the windage correct on the rears the way they use to be.
    They are tough and solid been using them for a while and nothing but good rave reviews from me.

4. 1bigK

1bigK

I am more of a fan of the 2 dot figure-8 style of night sights. While I have used 3 dot sights for the first 14-15 years of shooting, I have found that stacking the dots of the figure-8 style of night sights to be a bit faster when shooting after dark.

My personal favorites are the Ameriglo Pro I-dot sights on my G21.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swipter, Kennydale, jr24 and 9 others like this.
  5. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Ameriglo is owned by Trijicon.

I’ve tried their Bolds and wasn’t too impressed.

I find GNS to be the best made night sights available...and a steal at $67.

ItsAllGlockToMe and buster55 like this.
  6. JBP55

JBP55

I have installed dozens of sets of Ameriglo sights and many others. Always had Trijicon inserts and now owned by Trijicon they are quality sights at a good price. I do not care much for the OEM GNS. YMMV.

1bigK likes this.
  7. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

Ameriglo BOLD, Agent, and Trooper are all impressive.

Chowser likes this.
  8. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

I've bought 3 Glocks this year with the Ameriglo Bolds already installed. I do really like them. I also had an APX that had almost the same Ameriglo sights.

9. vmann

vmann Controller

I like the agents better for the U notch rear...I have had both Trijicon hd and ameriglo agents on multiple pistols for years...I won’t replace the trijicon hd until they get dim...

Pistolay and Damn_Yankee like this.
  10. Damn_Yankee

Damn_Yankee

Agreed. I have the lime green front Agent set and they are awesome.

Pistolay and vmann like this.
  11. CladderPup

CladderPup

I recently put orange Ameriglo Agents on my G42 and G19.5--seems to be the same as the Bolds except for having a U-notch rear. I have been very impressed with them. For years, I used Glock Night Sights because they were always easy to install (no filing needed on 99% of them), but I just got sick of not having any light on either side of the wide front sight (the Gen 5 GNS sights aren't as bad as the Gen 1-4 GNS sights, but not exceptional either).

Pistolay likes this.
  12. captcurly

captcurly

I have seven Glocks all with the Ameriglo Bold Sights. They really work well for me because of my old man eyes. The orange outlined front sight is a winner. Hey use the sight that works for you. If you are going to mess around with the sights on Glocks my I suggest the MGW Glock Sight Mover. IMHO this the tool to use and it is a quality device. Regards to all at GT and please be careful out there.

13. Chowser

Chowser

I’ve standardized on the Agents for all my bigger Glocks.

Pistolay and vmann like this.
  14. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

I had a U shaped (curved channel) rear sight once - on a Wilson Beretta. I don't like them at all. I cannot shoot them as well.

I like the squared channel better, so that's why I really like the Bold sights

Buckshot Barry and 1eyedjack01 like this.
  15. imbavid

imbavid

I was on the fence with them only because of the low price but after thousands of dry firing and beating them up without them breaking, I'm sold.

16. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Private side

I’ve drifted, then swam, away from 3 dot sights as I gained more shooting experience. I’ve got Ameriglo I DOT’s on a few guns and just night sight/fo with plain rear on others.
    I find a lot of light, reflected or glowing in the rear sight, close to my face to be distracting.

Willard likes this.
  17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I'll stick with TruGlo. Better daytime performance.

18. JBP55

JBP55

Same here, I do not like the deep U notch.

1bigK, 1eyedjack01 and ShipWreck like this.
  19. JBP55

JBP55

Not a fan.

vmann likes this.
  20. nighttrainNC

nighttrainNC