Americans massacred in Mexico

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by callihan_44, Nov 5, 2019.

1. hurley842002

hurley842002

Some d-bags are not even worth responding to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joshhtn and Kevinr20 like this.
  2. jim goose

jim goose "The Goose"

I don’t think this was a mistaken identity.
    Pretty determined use of violence.

no matter the reason though, this on par with ISIS behavior.

The libs won’t let us protect the border, but they want our spec ops in the Turkish border instead.
    Lunacy.

3. cbetts1

cbetts1

I'm not splitting hairs. Mexico is their home, they are not just visiting a third world country. They were born there and have lived there their entire life.

Joshhtn likes this.
  4. Schrag4

Schrag4

I doubt they had any interest in these poor victims. According to the text in the OP, they were traveling in a convoy of SUVs. The cartels probably thought it was a convoy of feds.

This is pretty disturbing. I could see this leading to action, one way or another. On the one hand, we need more war like we need a hole in our heads, but on the other hand, when will we address this growing threat? It cannot be overstated, IMO.

badge315 and Inyo Tim like this.
  5. Schrag4

Schrag4

Nobody at any level of govt in Mexico can be trusted. They either take bribe money or they get killed by the cartels.

Your question about Afghanistan is what I ask, too. This is on our border, not across vast oceans and continents.

Rotn1, Caver 60 and Hannie Caulder like this.
  6. sombunya

sombunya Use it up, throw it away

Sad story indeed. No one is more pro-Mexico than my brother. He married a Mexican National. He goes to Mex City every year.

when some relatives from out of town visited I asked him what’s to see in Tijuana. He told me don’t go near Mexico because it’s a s*** hole. His exact words.

Intolerant and nrajeff like this.
  7. Bilrus61

Bilrus61

And I guess when a bunch of little Mormon kids bailed out of the SUVs they still thought it was the feds? Nope. They knew who they were and what they were doing.

8. pike bishop

pike bishop finishes it...

you're a piece of work.

hannstv, Joshhtn and hurley842002 like this.
  9. illrooster132

illrooster132

and WHAT is wrong with Chicago if I may ask? looks to me that people have that place the way they like it.

Intolerant and B C like this.
  10. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

Cleanse it with fire.
    Small arms, automatic, direct, indirect, artillery... whatever. Just declare war and get it over with, already.

11. nrajeff

nrajeff

That is the probable explanation I heard on the news. The drug gang knows these families that have been refusing to knuckle under to the cartels. This slaughter could be a message to the family that resistance is futile.

Caver 60 and Intolerant like this.
  12. Dirty bird

Dirty bird

They were American citizens, plain and simple. Place of residence is secondary to that fact.

Intolerant likes this.
  13. ThomasM4

ThomasM4

The cartels are the ones really running mexihell the elected government is mostly just figureheads as another poster pointed out earlier. At best the elected government probably only has control of a small portion of the government and military . More than likely there's no public leader's left that's not on the cartels payroll.

I really cant see anything worth doing until they have a leader that's not on the cartels payroll maybe drone strikes? But sooner or later that would turn into a mess but dont know it may make a good statement .

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Intolerant and B C like this.
  14. mhambi

mhambi κολασμένος

15. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

Caver 60, cbetts1 and Intolerant like this.
  16. F14A

F14A

The Mexicans need to arm themselves and fight these narcos to the death.

Take back their country..

Gray_Rider, Caver 60 and Inyo Tim like this.
  17. Calicowboy

Calicowboy

The LeBaron family has a really infamous history of murdering each other back in the 1970s and 1980s. You can Google Ervil LeBaron to read about some of it. Ervil was a self-declared prophet with hundreds of followers who saw him as a god-like figure. I believe he had over a dozen wives, many of them underaged, and over fifty kids. Ervil is believed to have ordered the murders of some of his own kids when they tried to leave the sect. Under their belief system, the murders were “blood atonements” which meant the murders were actually a really good thing, since it forgave the murdered person’s perceived sins so that their souls could have a better place in heaven.

Ervil’s daddy was also a self-styed prophet, also with hundreds of diehard followers. When his dad died, Ervil’s brother was anointed the new prophet, which didn’t sit well with Ervil. This led to a schism, leading to probably twenty or thirty murders over the years. Ervil is believed to have had many of his family members (including children and pregnant girls) murdered. There is a pretty widespread belief he and his followers bribed MX officials into letting the family do what it wanted in the towns they owned. Ervil’s son Aaron (you guessed it, also a “prophet”) is currently serving a federal prison sentence for ordering the killings of multiple people who fled the sect, including an 8 year old little girl. Aaron had been living in MX at the time.

At the root of much of the killings were control over the LeBaron family’s multiple properties (large ranches and farms) in Mexico that were really valuable sources of income. Ervil’s sect lost control of the MX villages owned by the family, leading them to attack and destroy one of the MX villages (including killing some of the people who lived there). As I recall, they blamed that one on local drug gangs as well.

After Ervil was eventually sentenced to life in prison in the USA for murder, he wrote a manifesto that named family members and others that had betrayed him or that he just didn’t like. His followers began a pretty infamous string of murders here in the USA (and I believe MX and Canada) against those people, some of whom were leaders of different sects or who posed a threat to Ervil’s anointed successor. This was all pretty heavily covered by the press back in the 1980s.

I don't know what happened to those poor souls who were just killed in MX, but there is a lot more to the story than the press has picked up on.

n2g, Gray_Rider, HarlDane and 7 others like this.
  18. FAS1

FAS1

Too much Pacifism in the general public to have a revolution and take back their rights to arm themselves. Most have never even handled a gun. That's why the Cartels don't feel threatened in the least.

Think about just a couple weeks ago when the Cartels were driving through the streets and confronted the Military to get El Chapo's son out of their custody. They had an armed caravan they knew the citizens couldn't do anything but take a video with their phones and hide in their homes. When they met up and surrounded the small military force, they all shook hands like they were friends. You just think the swamp is deep in DC. That won't change, unfortunately.

F14A, Gray_Rider and Caver 60 like this.
  19. seagravedriver

seagravedriver

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzKwClRvRco

Sicario, the first movie was great, 2nd, pretty good. IMO.
    No matter where they were citizens of, it is barbaric and pathetic. Killing women and children. I wonder when that is going to cross the border?

I am not LDS, but the LDS folks I know are among some of the finest people I have ever met. We may disagree a bit on theology, but great people.

20. Terry G

Terry G

Mormons all own cars. Your thinking of Amish.

cbetts1 and seagravedriver like this.