Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Varmit Control
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased the La Gana model and am not impressed. The head is rather light which may be good for carry and for speed and recovery, but poor for chopping power. The handle is plastic and it just wants to slip through one's hand on a swing. One can get a better grip with a wood handle. I wish it was an option.

It may be useful for clearing brush for camoflauge and for clear fields of fire, but it's not as useful as an E-tool IMO. The E-tool has more weight to it and will likely do more damage to an enemy if swung like a hatchet.

It was an impulse buy and now I got buyers remorse.

http://www.americantomahawk.com/products/index.htm

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Maybe better off with a simple Cold Steel (Who Bought Amer. Tomahawk Co.) Trail Hawk. I've had a Rifleman's Hawk for the last 7 years and abuse the livin' snot outta that thing. I did bust the hammer off the back but I was hammering a stubborn log with a mega knot in it with a ball peen hammer. Just grinded it down and it's always in my Jeep. I got my 10 year old son a Trail hawk and it's a lot smaller than my Rifleman's Hawk, but it's light, and seems like it can take a beating. Only grip is they have a hex screw to keep it mounted and it got loose real quick. But anyone who use one often know to just bang it upside down until it's REAL firm and then put the screw in. Plus you can get them cheap online (Cold Steel sight is too expensive) at say www.wholesalehunters.com.

http://www.coldsteel.com/trailhawk.html

·
bad example
6,850 Posts
should have saved a whole lot of money and just bought a cold steel trench hawk.

if you want to salvage your hawk there's a couple of different ways to do it.

cut a length of bicycle innertube and slip it over the handle.

cut shallow grooves in the handle with a file or hacksaw blade.

take 80 grit sand paper and rough up the handle.

i know you shouldn't have to "fix" something like that but it is what it is.

·
Varmit Control
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
should have saved a whole lot of money and just bought a cold steel trench hawk.

if you want to salvage your hawk there's a couple of different ways to do it.

cut a length of bicycle innertube and slip it over the handle.

cut shallow grooves in the handle with a file or hacksaw blade.

take 80 grit sand paper and rough up the handle.

i know you shouldn't have to "fix" something like that but it is what it is.
l like the idea for improving the grip with bicycle innertube, but I will probably just sell or trade it off to another Joe.

·
Huge Member
11,332 Posts
Any kind of tomahawk....:rofl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts