GlockTalk Forum banner

Would you buy a $400 polymer 1911?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
125,266 Posts
I thought I'd like one, but then saw its picture. A classic design completely uglified. The Colt Cobra designer must've got ahold of it. Who has a finger that big?
Wilson Combat came out with something similar back around the turn of the century. Cost more than $400 and wasn't around very long. It's not the first plastic one to be tried.
It is imported.
You know, I actually don’t mind the looks of it. I’d be more offended if they tried to make a polymer 1911 actually look like a 1911. ;)

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
MY, My....so much hate for a gun you have not handled, or shot....
Looks good to me, ...... lets see it, and shoot it...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Let's just see what happens. I won't say no. You'd be surprised what comes out of the factory over there.

·
The eBay Guy
20,311 Posts
I voted "no", but that was before I saw the pic. I would like to change my vote to "yes".

I kinda like the looks of it... Not a 1911, though.

·
Registered
6,260 Posts
This one cost me $400 its metal, And my plastic 45 is a compact Shield too many guns never enough time. that's all i got for now.... View attachment 851180
I had the opportunity to handle the Tisas, firsthand. I was impressed with such a good fit and finish at that price point. The level of clarity and definition of the lettering on the slide and frame is beyond compare.

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
The finger grooves and the fit of the grip safety to frame = non starter for me.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts