close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

American Pride :)

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Eric2340, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

[​IMG]

that is all.............................. :)

2. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

So, the fat and stupid run races and design spacecraft? HH

3. Mr Spock

Mr Spock Vulcan

They just hate because even now, in this economy, our poor live like or better than a lot of other countries' wealthy.

4. goldenlight

goldenlight

But, despite what Nancy Reagan said, there IS still hunger in America.

How much hunger do you think there is in England, Germany, or France?

And, every day, people in America die because they don't have health insurance.

5. Glock13

Glock13

If you are hungry in the United States it is because you are too stupid or lazy to eat. Period.

6. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6

Pretty much. Just like the homeless in my town. They are by choice. There are so many programs here to help you have to refuse them, or get kicked out 6 times.

7. AirCav

AirCav Out Front! CLM

Every day in America, people die. Period. It's part of the deal. No one gets out alive. Throwing good money after bad doesn't change that simple fact. There is no "Right not to die" anywhere. Even in those advanced progressive utopias you mentioned.

8. Gallium

Gallium CLM

You took my post, you thief. :)

9. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

The concept of pride has no meaning in this nation any more.

With 1/3 of the adult population taking government handouts and welfare we officially suck.

There was a time--not too long ago--that anyone with any integrity would scoff at the idea of taking charity. Now its encouraged.

Too many riding in the wagon and not enough pulling.

10. Restless28

Restless28

We all got it comin'.

I seriously doubt that most coroners list lack of insurance as the cause of death.

11. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Why don't they pay for their own medical care? Why am I responsible for someone else's medical care? Who's supposed to pay? A rich guy that the government takes money from at the point of a gun? Is that your concept of compassion? That you force another man to pay for your healthcare by voting for a politician who will take his property on your behalf? If you had any integrity you'd go knock on your neighbor's door and ask him personally for his money to pay for your healthcare.

Bullcrap!

12. JayJay83

JayJay83

I think it's more related to the cultural and military superiority of the US. It makes many non-Americans feel inadequate and envious. So they like to focus on negative stereotypes.

I'm a Western-European who loves almost anything American, so I'm a little biased, but I'm confronted with rampant and rabid anti-americanism pretty much every day. Quality of life here is very similar, so it's not so much American wealth.

The image in the opening post is right on the money, at least with regards to Mars. Curiosity is an historic achievement, absolutely awe-inspiring. No other nation could have done that.

Also, as the world's superpower the US is a nation of extremes in a more visible way than most. That's why it's easy for people to focus on the negative.

13. treeline

treeline

No, the fat and stupid whine over imagined insults then use the achievements of others to justify their inflated sense of self-worth.

14. tehan2

tehan2 NRA & GOAL

as someone who is both fat and stupid....it doesn't bother me what other countries think of us.

Last I checked, there's not a lot of US Citizens trying to defect to China, or Brazil, or Mexico, or France, or England, or Cuba, or Russia, Germany, or Japan, Australia, Korea, Italy, or even Canada.

That in itself tells me a lot about our country and theirs

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  15. JayJay83

JayJay83

What do you mean with defect? I know lots of American expats who've emigrated to Europe.

16. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

:rofl::rofl::rofl: HH

17. TalkToTheGlock

TalkToTheGlock Zombie Hunter

Lol at the person who said people die everyday because they don't have health insurance. Goto an ER and tell them you don't have health insurance and see if the people working there care. They will treat you no matter what.

18. tehan2

tehan2 NRA & GOAL

Are you talking about people that have a job and then get transfered oversees?

or are you talking about people that say "I don't want to live in the USA anymore, lets start a better life in Italy"

I know some of the former, but only one of the later.

and when you say "lots" what number are you talking 10? 20? 1000? Everyday at my job I see dozens, maybe even hundreds, of people that left their country for a better life here.

My first job ever, my boss was an old "Russian Jew" who told me you could judge the greatness of a country by looking at how many people are trying to get out and comparing it to how many are trying to get in

19. JayJay83

JayJay83

It's usually not that black and white in my experience, at least not with immigrants from western countries like the US. Same goes for British, Dutch, and German folks I know who moved to the States.

As for immigrants who left their (usually second or third world) country for a better life, I doubt the US is much more popular than Western Europe.

Let me stress that I personally believe that the US is in many other ways the greatest country in the world. But for average quality of life, Western Europe is just as pleasant.

20. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

I think we are viewed as a nation of excess.

We have too many resources, too many people, too much land, too much money, too much military power, too much technology and too much interest in making others like us.

But, above all, we have too much guilt about all our blessings and try to spread some around. This is like the response to welfare. If you have so much that you give some to those who have less, and do this long enough, they resent that you haven't given them more.

There is no way out of this, just "grin and bear it".