American Family Insurance experiences?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Batesmotel, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

How have your experiences been with them? I have been with Allstate for over 20 years but am shopping other options. Mostly over price.

2. Whiskey Six

Whiskey Six Marine 0369 Platinum Member

Been with American Family for 16 years. Two cars, motorcycle, house, property and an umbrella liability policy. My agent is a buddy and fellow shooter.

3. Hines57

Hines57 Simple Member

Allstate=worst ever. American Family, pretty good. They are expanding a lot in to the west and have reasonable pricing.

4. Teufelhunde

Teufelhunde

I can only comment of the two insurance companies as it applies to auto insurance in Arizona. Those two companies are two of the worst if you ever have a claim. They don't care about your car getting repaired properly, but only about saving themselves $5 on your claim. They require the use of substandard aftermarket parts, and lowball the labor times paid to the repairers (and you WILL get what they pay for).

My comments based on over 20 years in the collision repair industry.

YMMV

Lon

P.S. Allstate has been getting better in the past couple of years, they may have seen the light.

5. goldenlight

goldenlight

Allstate is the WORST of the TEN WORST insurance companies in the USA.

http://law.freeadvice.com/insurance_law/insurers_bad_faith/ten-worst-insurance-companies.htm

American Family is kind of expensiveas far as pricing goes.

You can do better. American Family uses the old business model where there is a 'full service agent', and you pay for that guy to sit in his office, and collect commissions on your insurance premiums.

You can save more money if you go with one of the companies that does a lot of the 'work' on-line.

I have Geico, and if you need to talk to someone, they have people available 24/7. But by not having offices all over town, they save money, and so do you.

You might try Progressive Insurance, too.

6. Riflemanz

Riflemanz

I've been with AF for over 30yrs and never a problem.

7. schild

schild

After 38 years I left Allsnake for Amica, which if you do research is one of the top three insurance co. I save enough money with Amica over Allsnake on auto ins. that my homeowners is almost free.

8. skyflyer

skyflyer NRA DAV

Are you a former member of the military?
    Consider USAA insurance.