Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently the search function is down. Just bought some 7.62X51 ammo that was listed as Lake City. It arrived in 20-round American Eagle boxes marked 7.62X51 "Military Grade". Is this genuine Lake City ammo, or did I get ripped? Also, what is the opinion on PRVI Partizan 7.62 200 sealed battle packs? Looking for something to stash away just in case things turn horrible. Thanks for any input you can offer.

·
Registered
15,064 Posts
LC brass is good stuff. Good for reloading. Federal American Eagle can be stamped FC or LC depending on the load. It’s legit ammo.

PPU is good stuff also. I have shot plenty of it over the years through my M1 Garand and the brass all has several reloads through it and it’s still good to go.

·
Premium Member
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LC brass is good stuff. Good for reloading. Federal American Eagle can be stamped FC or LC depending on the load. It’s legit ammo.

PPU is good stuff also. I have shot plenty of it over the years through my M1 Garand and the brass all has several reloads through it and it’s still good to go.
Thanks very much. This lot is stamped FC. Sealed primers as well. I found some PPU 7.62 200 round sealed battle packs for $125 each. Running this through an unissued FR8. Nice little carbine.

·
Farmer, House Sitter and Cook
6,122 Posts
I have shot a good deal of Prvi Partisan 168 Match BTHP thru my M1A and it is the most accurate factory ammo I have found, except for Federal GMM. I don't really know about the battle packs which I suppose is 150-grain FMJ.

The Federal AE with FC head stamps and sealed and crimped primers came out of Lake City Ammunition Plant and is GTG if it is marked for 7.62x51.

PPU brass is good reloading brass, and of course so is FC/LC but PPU doesn't have the crimp step to deal with.

·
Premium Member
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have shot a good deal of Prvi Partisan 168 Match BTHP thru my M1A and it is the most accurate factory ammo I have found, except for Federal GMM. I don't really know about the battle packs which I suppose is 150-grain FMJ.

The Federal AE with FC head stamps and sealed and crimped primers came out of Lake City Ammunition Plant and is GTG if it is marked for 7.62x51.

PPU brass is good reloading brass, and of course so is FC/LC but PPU doesn't have the crimp step to deal with.
Good info. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts