America, you’re losing your police. Just a few short weeks ago you were praising them...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by RussP, Jun 8, 2020.

1. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

From a friend's FB Page...

Orange County California Deputy Sheriff wrote this, and it's spot on:

**For those asking to make it shareable I'm going to take a pass. However, you may cut and paste to your heart's content.**
    America, you’re losing your police. Just a few short weeks ago you were praising them with other first responders for their efforts during the COVID. Now you are killing them because of four rogue cops that every other cop denounced. Not a single officer condoned what the Minneapolis officers did. However, those same condemning cops are now being attacked, injured and killed because of four bad cops. Let me repeat, the good cops are being attacked because of bad cops. That’s like punching your plumber because your electrician burned your house down.

America has a dysfunctional relationship with its police. During moments of crisis they are praised and welcome. During moments of calm and peace they are merely tolerated. During and following the moments even a single police officer violates the trust of the people they serve, every cop in America is reviled. When a spouse is constantly berated, repeatedly told they’re worthless, eventually they will believe it. Their self-worth will decline if not diminish altogether. The same thing has happened with America’s cops.

When a police officer embarks on the noble career of protecting and serving they (hopefully) receive all the right training. How to be a counselor, protector, confidant, listener, parent, medic…cop. In a short time she will find out she is hated by those she serves. First her heart will be broken and then her self-worth and desire for the job will disappear. This is a person who got into law enforcement for all the right reasons, all the right training, all the right intentions, and did all the right things only to be despised.

So who is going to want to be a cop now? Who would ever want to join a profession that is universally hated and abhorred? I’ve heard there is a silent majority who support police officers. At this point, I and many other cops wonder if they actually exist. And if they truly exist their continued silence will make them complicit in the downfall of American policing and society. And let’s not forget every year more police officers commit suicide than are killed in the line of duty. How many more self-inflicted deaths are going to happen because of the callousness of the people police officers are sworn to protect?

Fifty seven police officers in Buffalo recently resigned their ancillary assignments as riot control officers. I’m hearing stories of police officers in other departments retiring early. I may be one of them depending on what the retirement board says. After 22 years as a cop I have a lot more to give but the public has made it clear they don’t want me. I hate to tell you this but there are no amount of dancing cop videos that are going to fix this. America, you’re about to lose your cops.​

2. marchboom

marchboom

Well said. I think a few well planned "blu flu" incidents will let the public know what it will be like when democRAT politicians get their way. Let the 911 line ring without anyone answering it and then citizens will start getting that helpless feeling. Let the citizens realize that if they need help it won't be by the police because they are off sick. Let the citizens know what it's like for the gangs to run the neighborhoods and for home invasions to be the norm.

Message to people who hate the police: Be careful what you wish for.

3. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 "Cynical Little me"

Yeah in the days before a single incident in MN. this guy from Dallas was talking about bringing back the head hunter units that produced so much in the decades past.

Unfortunately, like everything else here, they were rotten with politics and a few bad apples kept getting covered for by their Political sponsors and they got to the point where they thought they were bullet proof and once again "Serpico" on replay. I knew a bunch of guys on them and they were good coppers. Yes they racked up beefs but thats automatic for working narco gangs, they keep ringing in complaints to try take the heat off their corner spots.

But a few guys, protected by the very top, got caught doing all kinds of stupid stuff, drug theft being the least of them. I knew a SGT who got hung for it even tho there was no way he could have changed anything. I warned him not to take the spot.

A SGT can't do anything about guys protected by the very top of command and politics. The truth is this so called "code of silence" only covers very few, always has. Thats how a guy who kills an unarmed disabled guy only gets suspended while a copper who flips the bird at some mutt spitting at him gets fired.

Its all Legit guys ; Its all on the up and up.

RocPO likes this.
  4. Redeemed

Redeemed

I’m not a cop so I may get flamed for this but who are these citizens your referring to? Is that a separate class of people?
    And just for the record I am pro Public safety and Military. I’m curious about the terminology.

5. Ohsheepdog

Ohsheepdog

No they won't. They'll blame the police for not being there and upholding their oaths. Some will take matters into their own hands inappropriately and then blame the police for arresting them. The media will vilify the police and create more animosity against them.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    serve_and_protect likes this.
  6. cheygriz

cheygriz God Bless Trump

call him pig.jpeg

But he will die for you!

police funeral.jpeg

tuica likes this.
  7. Ohsheepdog

Ohsheepdog

I'll go out on a limb and assume he's talking about the citizens that are currently for berating ALL cops and or wanting them defunded.

hannstv likes this.
  8. HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

It's my understanding that this same behavior is usually condoned - so long as it does not end in death. Am I missing something?

Prior to this, how did the good cops handle bad cops?

9. cheygriz

cheygriz God Bless Trump

During my years as a supervisor, I wrote up two of them and got them fired.

10. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

And yet the Police Union is pushing back on the firing of these four cops.

Police Unions, like all public sector unions, are terrible for our society and government.

At this point the union bosses are nothing other than MORE fat cat politicians, feeding at the public trough, and glad handingwith city, state, and federal politicians over expensive meals.

They protect bad cops, and allow good ones to be punished for doing their jobs. Whatever it takes to keep themselves in power and in luxurious lifestyles.

As far as MN abolishing the police force, I wanted to write into the City Council to express my support for their insanity. It would be good to see a city fall into absolute anarchy for implementing another woke progressive policy. Sadly, I think they’ve disabled access to their site. I think we need to see a city burn before we get more people on the same page about who the problem is.

11. RussP

For clarification, you're talking about 'safe suburbia', right? It's generally accepted that to varying degrees they already control their home neighborhoods.

Ohsheepdog and tuica like this.
  12. Ohsheepdog

Ohsheepdog

Be careful painting with a broad brush. I'm the head of our Union and we don't belong to the FOP,, PBA, or any other national organization. We use a local attorney as our rep and represent ourselves. That same union has saved me from corrupt supervisors I've had in the past and saved others from unwarranted charges. And there have been several times where officers have been brought up legitimate charges. While we represented the officers as we should to ensure their right to due process, it doesn't mean we condoned or supported what they did. All of them lost their jobs, were demoted, or suspended.

Sfaql, fastbolt, Dukeboy01 and 2 others like this.
  13. RussP

Do you have a link to the union's position?

Thanks!

Sfaql, Ohio Cop and Ohsheepdog like this.
  14. thespork

thespork

In past years incidents like this would have got swept underneath the rug...

The Walter Scott incident comes to mind... The initial reports that cam from the scene were complete BS, and then looky there, a video appeared

HarlemKnight likes this.
  15. merlynusn

merlynusn

You are painting with a broad brush too. Walter Scott had the officers taser when they were fighting on the ground. He made the decision to shoot (justifiably) and never got out of the loop and turned it from a justified shooting to an unjustified shooting.

16. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

NMG26 likes this.
  17. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 "Cynical Little me"

Those 4 in MN. are innocent until proven guilty. Either all are or nobody is, and it appears nobody really is. Unless you have cash and maybe fame. I never condoned what I saw on that video but neither do I know the facts yet. Thats what trials are for.

Ive seen stone cold killers walk and laugh at us while were sitting on the cop benches and I'm supposed to be OK with trials and Govt. rule by Mob?

Sfaql, cheygriz, slym2none and 2 others like this.
  18. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

They don’t have to be guilty beyond a reasonable doubt to be fired from their jobs for bad judgment.

They should have been immediately suspended just on the basis of the video, then fired.

Prompt action might have saved a lot of lives and damage. Damage being done and lives being lost even yet.

Even if it didn’t prevent the rioting, it would have been the right thing to do and would be a point in favor of cops holding themselves accountable.

There are plenty of times when cops are falsely accused and need to be defended. This is not one of those times.

19. Ftttu

Ftttu

Just to squeeze in here, what INFURIATES me to no end is the left's commanding of the narrative on this entire mess. Because of this, it is a moot point that Chauvin and the other officers weren't racists. The immediate leap from an apparent white officer causing the death of a black prisoner to ALL that has happened is literally insane!

In the rational world, there would have been an investigation into the officers' backgrounds to determine their level of demonization before the left's immediate and total tantrum could begin. From that point on, it would be linked with the narrative of the unjustified use of force, police forces' inadequate or lack of force training, etc. There is just no rational way it went from what it really was to what it has become...other than what it is...the left seizing on this issue to push the country hard left with all of its trimmings. Trump is the major target here, but we in the LE community are taking the brunt of this unjust assault.

20. yamen1999

yamen1999

Call me what you want, but, In my opinion, the grand plan is for the good cops to retire or quit. There will be no replacements because no one will want to take the job. Things going south is part of the plan in which the people will call for federal government intervention and then poof, martial law. This is happening to fast in to many places to not be an organized attack by folks with very deep pockets. The anti cop seed was planted by Obama, and now it's being watered.

NMG26, Quijibo and Ohsheepdog like this.