GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Are you blaming Republicans for this sad state of affairs, and the decline of our country?

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
I wouldn’t go so far as to say that but the upcoming election is going to be ugly. There most likely will not be a winner on election night, the “official” results might be weeks out. There is a good chance neither candidate will concede. At this point I’m fairly confident that Trump will win but regardless of who wins there will be protests, riots, looting, etc. on election night - and beyond.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Are you blaming Republicans for this sad state of affairs, and the decline of our country?
Former Speaker of the House, Dennis Hastert is just as evil as Nancy Pelosi. That is just one of many Rs I would call out.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Just saying my friends :waving:

Reactions: B C

·
Registered
19,607 Posts
I wouldn’t go so far as to say that but the upcoming election is going to be ugly. There most likely will not be a winner on election night, the “official” results might be weeks out. There is a good chance neither candidate will concede. At this point I’m fairly confident that Trump will win but regardless of who wins there will be protests, riots, looting, etc. on election night - and beyond.
I'd guess at least a month to get a winner. The left has groups in place to ensure it drags out for as long as possible.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
The only way to save America is to win the House and the Senate and The White House and get voter ID laws etc. It may be too late ... the likes of Paul Ryan, his lover Mitt Romney and John McCain may have permanently destroyed the country.
What if I told you that niether party cares about America? They despise everyone who isn't in their club of "elites". The only difference between them is who they pretend to pander to for power.

·
Banned
458 Posts
The only way to save America is to win the House and the Senate and The White House and get voter ID laws etc. It may be too late ... the likes of Paul Ryan, his lover Mitt Romney and John McCain may have permanently destroyed the country.
WHAT is this garbage about America being “...permanently destroyed...” and “...it’s too late...”???? What are you-a shrinking violet, worse perhaps a woman or, OMG a plant from the dims sent to seed helplessness???America has a constitution and strong gov structure with tens of millions of REAL citizens defending it with votes, guns and the best weapons of all: money and influence. The more I talk to ‘insiders’ (lobbyists, political experts, political strategists) the more I realize that the worst case scenario for the dims is a Trump LOSS in Nov because it will lead to formation of a third independent political party in the U.S. and very likely TRUMP 2024. Hey -if the Republican Party cannot elect republicans then they will be supplanted. So don’t give me this end of life crap!

·
Banned
458 Posts
Paul Ryan and John McCain sure didn't help! Paul Ryan did as much to destroy America as any Democrat!
...and Ryan was deposed and McCain was increasingly being neutralized (except he died first.). Pay attention for God’s sake.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
“C’mon Man!” I realize we’re generally on the same side here on GT. But I’ve been to several Third World countries, and the US is nowhere near that status. And how many US states have I visited? Just all 57 of them. {Couldn't resist that Obama slam}

·
You local friendly Skynet dealer
13,620 Posts
IMHO a first world country provides health care for it's citizens efficiently and economically. America has Wealthcare. A good system like Germanys would decrease big pharmas profits leading to less contributions for politicians. Promises of "Medicare for all" should be taken as a threat!

Reactions: Squid1

·
Registered
10,128 Posts
The definition of a 1st world country is a country politically aligned with the United States, so the US is a 1st world country by definition.

A 3rd world country is one not aligned with either the US or the now defunct Soviet Union.

·
Registered
527 Posts
WHAT is this garbage about America being “...permanently destroyed...” and “...it’s too late...”???? What are you-a shrinking violet, worse perhaps a woman or, OMG a plant from the dims sent to seed helplessness???America has a constitution and strong gov structure with tens of millions of REAL citizens defending it with votes, guns and the best weapons of all: money and influence. The more I talk to ‘insiders’ (lobbyists, political experts, political strategists) the more I realize that the worst case scenario for the dims is a Trump LOSS in Nov because it will lead to formation of a third independent political party in the U.S. and very likely TRUMP 2024. Hey -if the Republican Party cannot elect republicans then they will be supplanted. So don’t give me this end of life crap!

The Immigration and Diversity disagrees with you. They will be the majority before long.

Once Texas or Florida goes blue, it's all over.

Unless you think the minorities will magically start voting R?

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
Third world countries don't have the crime we do, or the riots.

Downtown Baghdad is much safer.

·
Banned
458 Posts
Sorry about your country. The rest of us are doing very well and are positively planning for the future. If you’re that helpless, hapless & hopeless then buy a casket, dig a hole, leave instructions and eat your Glock. But you’re going to miss a bunch of great fights which we WILL win (mostly.)

·
Making America great again!
16,203 Posts
Any country can become a third world country. Venezuela is the perfect example of that.

But saying America is a third world country is just inaccurate.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The definition of a 1st world country is a country politically aligned with the United States, so the US is a 1st world country by definition.

A 3rd world country is one not aligned with either the US or the now defunct Soviet Union.
You're right, that's the original definition, but the terms have morphed into some other meaning as this thread demonstrates.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're right, that's the original definition, but the terms have morphed into some other meaning as this thread demonstrates.
The Original Definition has Great Britain as a First World Country and America as a Second World Country. But that's a different story. The Brits came up with the terminology and it had to do with when you became 'Civilized'. Anyway... the die has been cast ... we just have to wait 'til around November 15th. to see where and who we are. If Trump loses Nov 3rd. it's all over for anyone under Forty years old. We older Citizens, a lot of us, have our escape planned and paid for ...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts