Amazon super saver shipping rant

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by loki993, Feb 28, 2010.

1. loki993

loki993

Just need to rant a bit and see if anyone has similar experiences, which Im sure they have.

So I ordered a couple blu rays from amazon because they were on sale. Because for some strange reason Amazon charges me tax, which is a whole other issue on its own, and since I was trying to get a deal I chose the "free" super saver shipping.

I placed my order on the 24th. Original confirmation said the items wouldn't even SHIP until mar 1st. Ok fine, so I look and to my surprise the item has shipped on feb 26th, yay. They held it for 2 days before they packed it up and shipped it, I guess I can live with that, even though its same or next day if I pay for shipping. I go to check my order today and to my amazement it now says that I will not receive my shipment until march 6th. So that's 7 days transit time, now Im in Kansas not Alaska, this is ridiculous. It seems that Amazon punishes you for trying to save on shipping. I mean sure you don't have to pay the extra 3 dollars for shipping, but you have to wait 2 weeks for your stuff if you try and save a few bucks. Im wondering if people only ever use the super saver shipping once, If or one don't think ill even do it again.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  2. Chad Landry

Chad Landry Cajunator® CLM

3. hockeyrcks9901

hockeyrcks9901

I always use it if possible. The reason it takes so long is that you get pushed to the bottom of the pile at the warehouse. They ship all(most) of the regular shipped orders ahead of you.

4. jr05

jr05

you will probably get it earlier than they indicate.

Also it says it right on the order 7-10 days (I think). If you don't want to wait that long, just choose one of the other shipping options. I fail the see the issue with them shipping it with an expected delivery date right in line with what they state when you are choosing the shipping option...

FYI I use the supersaver shipping on all my qualifying orders and usually get them well ahead of the expected delivery date.

5. cgwahl

cgwahl Sheriffs a near

I always use super saver. Mostly cause I'm not a need it now type of person.

Plus, I've noticed in most cases they send it out pretty quick anyhow. And you'll probably get it in a couple days. The get by whatever date is usually worse case scenario I think.

6. itisbruno

itisbruno Devious Member CLM

This. I have got it free for 3 months twice.

7. Nicky D

Nicky D CLM

I always use this shipping option. I have never really had a problem with it. There have been a couple of times that I had received the item but was still listed as not shipped yet. I wouldn't sweat it.

8. Adjuster

Adjuster

Love Amazon free shipping. Purchase tons of stuff from them.

9. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

For free shipping, I haven't minded waiting a few days or a week extra with the few things I have bought from Amazon.

10. boomhower

boomhower

That's pretty common for their super saver. Sign up for prime. You can add four people to it if my memory serves. I went in with some guys and it cost me around $15 for free two day shipping for a year, well worth it!

11. Hendricks433

Hendricks433

+1000, Prime is awesome.

12. gconan

gconan

If I want it quicker I just pay a little more for the shipping. Now Barnes and Noble will ship it faster for far less! Never use Amazons free shipping unless you don't care when it gets there.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  13. feelinlucky?

feelinlucky?

Have NEVER had a problem with Amazon and have been ordering from them since they went into business. I have bought everything from vitamins to an HDTV. See below about the tax question. I always get my items early compared to the estimated arrival time.

The amount of tax charged depends upon many factors, including the identity of the seller, the type of item purchased, and the destination of the shipment.
    Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the states of Kansas, Kentucky, New York, North Dakota, or Washington are subject to tax.

14. Ol Timer

Ol Timer ↓ hog hunter ↓ Millennium Member

Anything on Blu-ray I've already seen. I can wait.

15. tony4311

tony4311

It's FREE. That's what you get for zero cost. Want better? Pay.

16. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

this ^^^^

17. srhoades

srhoades

Here in SoCal I must be near one of their drop ship warehouses because even with the free super saver shipping I get most things in 2-3 days.

18. loki993

loki993

Yeah I'm in Kansas and I know we get charged tax for whatever reason. I really don't know why, I'm not really mad about that, its just more annoying than anything else.

I also really like Amazon and order from them when I can, probably them and newegg are my go to places for good internet prices.

Well an update the package arrive here on the 2nd and I'm happy with that. 2 days to ship and 4 days transit over a weekend is fine.

19. Psychman

Psychman NRA Patriot Life Member

I am invested in Amazon.com so I use them all the time. Glad to see alot of you guys use them too!!!

20. Underdog17

Underdog17

After they shipped mine it said it would be 7 days too. I got mine in 3 I think. I don't think their expected delivery time is accurate. I wouldn't worry too much.